sti v2 plug leads and re map ?

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2004, 03:22 PM
scoobey555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question sti v2 plug leads and re map ?

hi i have a 1995 sti v2.
was looking at my plug leads only small wires is there a up grade for them ?

and whats the best a re map or chip for this car think some one sed a tex2 is best ?
thanks for any help
john.
Old 03 May 2004, 03:47 PM
coulty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by scoobey555
hi i have a 1995 sti v2.
was looking at my plug leads only small wires is there a up grade for them ?

and whats the best a re map or chip for this car think some one sed a tex2 is best ?
thanks for any help
john.
Hi John

I have a modified v2 that i have had since last year. There is a lot of things to learn. Firstly they are not plug leads but in fact the wires leading up to the coil packs. They do not have a distributor but fire the high voltage from the coil pack. Subaru are the only ones that make them and they cost £51 each roughly (need 4) but you will not when they need replaced because you will get hesitation (stuttering). This best thing is a scoobyecu for them (hard to get hold of) but i know a guy that can get you a similar chip for less money and more quickly. It will raise the boost and remap for 98 octane fuel (optimax). Remember to use optimax (or super Unleaded) plus a booster until you get a remap as just now it is mapped for 100 octane fuel.

There is loads more to tell you but it would take me all day...feel free to pm me if you need any more help.

Stuart