Notices

Boost Solenoid Help

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2004, 10:27 AM
Turbo Herbie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Boost Solenoid Help

I have bought a Dawes device and was looking for instructions on how to fit on a MY93.

When I took the resonator box off to get to the pipes the nipple underneath that goes to the boost solenoid broke off!

The car seems to be running OK but what should I do? Does this pipe and the boost solenoid become redundant if I fit the Dawes anyway?. The only instructions I could find was for a MY97.
Old 21 April 2004, 01:22 PM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pipe that broke off - was it the plastic nipple on the resonator box? If so you need to either repair/blank it as you will have a small amount of unmetered air (after MAF) entering the inlet tract which could cause the mixture to lean. This is not actually used when fitting a Dawes so will need to be blanked - The pipe from the Turbo outlet nipple connects to the Dawes and the turbo actuator pipe connects to the other end of the Dawes (of course the Dawes has to be the correct way round)
You must also leave the standard boost solenoid electrically connected or fit a resistor of equivalent value to the solenoid coil across the terminals otherwise the ECU will throw a CEL lamp. It is also a good idea to blank the boost solenoid to prevent any debris entering it just in case in the future you need to re-use it.

Cheers