Notices

problem with tt......

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2004, 07:39 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question problem with tt......

it doesn't seem as though there are any broken wires in the loom of the turbo timer, but it's still either going off or staying on(as it should) when i turn the ignition off. i tried keeping the accelerator down a bit, therefore raising the revs and turning the ignition off. this keeps the tt on and the car running, but when i remove my foot from the accelerator the tt shuts of and the car stops. i have also found that when accelerating in four/fifth and then lifting off the ar occasionally gives a stutter for a brief second. i'm wondering if these are connected in some way or other. it's obviously electrical, so i'm totally lost.
this has all came about since the engine was replaced.

any ideas?
Old 18 April 2004, 07:49 PM
Johnny sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by drb5
it doesn't seem as though there are any broken wires in the loom of the turbo timer, but it's still either going off or staying on(as it should) when i turn the ignition off. i tried keeping the accelerator down a bit, therefore raising the revs and turning the ignition off. this keeps the tt on and the car running, but when i remove my foot from the accelerator the tt shuts of and the car stops. i have also found that when accelerating in four/fifth and then lifting off the ar occasionally gives a stutter for a brief second. i'm wondering if these are connected in some way or other. it's obviously electrical, so i'm totally lost.
this has all came about since the engine was replaced.

any ideas?
Hi mate.
Which one is it?
I have a GReady one and if you go for a long drive at a constant spped of between 50-70 the when the turbo timer gets to 9min 59 it will either register ann error or start from scratch which i have set at 1min 30. On mine there is a switch at the back you can use to reset it or, like i have just done, go back to the car a couple of minutes later and press the power button and turn it off.

Johnny
Old 18 April 2004, 07:55 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

it's a blitz multi timer. theres no other problems with it apart from turn off, although whenever you turn it to engine speed, it's doesn't read clearly. just a mess, although this has always been the case since the car was bought with it installed.
Old 18 April 2004, 07:59 PM
Johnny sti
Scooby Regular

I know its not an easy thing to sort out thats why i got the other halfs dad to fit it! It is wired into the hand breake and all sorts of other places!
I dont know what to say mate.
Get a electrician you trust/ has a good name, and see if he can sort it.

Good luck mate

Johnny
Old 18 April 2004, 08:03 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

cheers