wagon wrx import mods

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2004, 09:57 PM
Lee D T
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wagon wrx import mods

Hi there,

Just bought a 94 wrx wagon import with bailey d/valve fitted. I presumed that all older imports where around 265bhp, I recently checked the code plate under the bonnet and it suggests that my wagon is only 220bhp.
How can I get the extra horse power reasonably, any easy options, also apart from doing 120mph how can I check if the speed limiter is still fitted and if it is how can I remove it?
Thanks,

Lee.
Old 16 April 2004, 10:26 PM
Roojai
Scooby Regular

I just bought one too.

Expect the 112mph limit to be there unless otherwise proven. If you are the first UK owner I doubt anyone has bothered removing it. Consider it a license saver. You could check the ECU to see if there has been any tampering or other chips added that may remove your limit.

They are 220ps. They use the smaller T04 turbo (like the later 97-00 UK scoobys) but the ECU will be mapped for 100ron fuel. I don't know what the other differences are between later uk wagons and early JDM wagons, maybe someone can enlighten.

For more power I intend to get a down pipe and a decat pipe, and possible an STi backbox. Decatting and exhaust mods should make a fairly big difference.

I also want to get a scoobyECU. I believe there are quite a few early WRX (JDM)wagon owners on here that want to get the scooby ecu. If we all have similar cars with similar mods then we should get together and order some as a group as it is a hassle for the guys making them to make individual ECU's for the different models/mods. Early WRX wagons are pretty low on their list I would suspect.

I'm using Optimax and octane booster as I can't resist the urge to rag it.

Picture of mine:

W
Old 17 April 2004, 09:46 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get the car derestricted at any good subaru speciallist
I would recommend that you also both purchase a Knocklink to see what your engines doing, octane booster or not, it is known that the guys who fill the garages up from their tankers do make mistakes and can put unleaded into the super unleaded tank
Power rated at 220ps on the JDM car with a TD04 turbo, now if you would have bought an early UK wagon, you would have got the TD05 (a much bigger turbo ) and have been able to get more power out of it
Brakes should be your starting point, the 2 pots suck, exhausts and back boxes, scoobyecu and thats about as far as you can go before it gets expensive.

Tony
Old 18 April 2004, 06:18 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second what roojai sais
Old 25 April 2004, 11:22 PM
Bowders1
Scooby Regular

Default wagon wrx import mods

Hi Lee.

I have a 94WRX wagon also.

I fitted a Bailey dump valve , but thought it lost that sudden surge on boost, so put the standard recirc valve back in.

Mine is derestricted

I have listed down for the Wagon Scoobyecu group buy, as it is about time wagons got the limelight.

I have just given mine a full service, fluids, plugs filter etc.

Seems to be running a lot smoother now

Thinking of lowering it but don't want to go too low.

cheers

Mark.

MY94 WRX Wagon
Scooby Sport Back box
17" Prodrive alloys
ITG Filter
NGK plat plugs
Strut bar