Notices

fitting instructions for blitz dump valve my00

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2004, 07:47 PM
silvascoob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting instructions for blitz dump valve my00

i have a chance of purchasing a blitz dump valve for my imreza turbo my00 the only trouble is that there is no fitting instructions with it,can anyone tell me where i can obtain them or is there anywhere i can download them from,thanks for your help
Old 19 March 2004, 11:23 AM
red wrex
Scooby Regular

They are all the same i have found

the little vacuum hose goes on top (like the old one), then the bottom of the dump valve goes in the pipe from the turbo side.

Then you just need to blank off the return to the intke system.

easy,

if its a blitz, then its possibly adjustable so adjust it to suit and keep an eye on your revs because i know people who have tried them and the revs drop down to about 400 and then bounce up and down till they settle.
Old 19 March 2004, 06:11 PM
silvascoob
Scooby Newbie

They are all the same i have found

the little vacuum hose goes on top (like the old one), then the bottom of the dump valve goes in the pipe from the turbo side.

Then you just need to blank off the return to the intke system.

easy,

if its a blitz, then its possibly adjustable so adjust it to suit and keep an eye on your revs because i know people who have tried them and the revs drop down to about 400 and then bounce up and down till they settle.[/QUOTE]

thanx for advice much appreciated, if revs go up and down do you know if that can be adjusted to run level?and do these dump valves have any significant improvements over standard?
Old 30 March 2004, 06:40 PM
PhilA
Scooby Regular

I need to do this aswell but I dont have any instructions either.
Old 30 March 2004, 08:04 PM
PhilA
Scooby Regular

Just found this:
"Now you're ready to adjust and tune your BOV's so you won't sound like Darth Vader, whooshing even when not hitting positive boost. Loosen and remove the 10mm nut at the top of the BOV (top dead centre nut). You will need to tighten the adjuster screw (clockwise) with a hex wrench (allen key?). This will add additional tension to the spring inside the BOV holding the piston shut. Make a few runs, and keep turning the screws until boost response is ideal and they only "blow-off" after hitting positive boost. Replace the securing nut when done, or replace it with a stainless one from the hardware store which won't chip or rust like the BLITZ part. I had to tighten my BOV's until the adjuster screw was a couple turns BELOW the securing nut. This tuning, and working carefully to avoid ANY vacuum leaks, are CRITICAL in allowing your BOV's to perform flawlessly."

It was from a Nissan ZX website but it was for a Blitx BOV. Haven't tried it yet but it makes sense.
Old 11 January 2013, 10:49 PM
cben123
Scooby Newbie

were does the black pipe from the dump valve attach onto mine is missing
Old 23 October 2013, 05:09 PM
Mark Panasiuk
Scooby Newbie

Can somebody help me, i've just got a blitz dump valve for my 2001 bugeyed scooby, and i need some help on how to fit the parts to it. Thanx mark