Notices

Funny Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2004, 05:44 PM
sulli
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny Clutch

I have experienced, on a couple of occassions, the clutch on my MY98 turbo going a bit 'funny'.
It did it today, while I was in the car, with the engine idling for about 5 minutes. When I depressed clutch to pull off the clutch felt....different. Sort of a bit harder and springier, and the biting point seemed smaller. The difference is very subtle, but is definately there. I drove for another 5 minutes, got to my destination and switched off - back in car again later, and clutch is back to normal.

It has happened before whilst on a long journey, about 3 hrs in. It always rights itself. it's so subtle I sometimes think i've just got cramp in my left leg, but I am sure it's the clutch.

The clutch fluid was flushed and renewed about 4k miles ago, and is always bang on the correct level. The clutch has done around 50k and doesn't slip at all, and biting point is about half way, sneaking into top half of travel.

It's not a big deal, just a bit of a conundrum

Anyone experienced this? Any ideas?
Old 27 February 2004, 09:37 AM
SuperFlyGuy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Possibly air in the fluid?

Originally Posted by sulli

The clutch fluid was flushed and renewed about 4k miles ago, and is always bang on the correct level. Any ideas?
Possibly not bled through sufficiently when fluid was changed. I read on here once that it can be a pain to bleed the clutch fluid through and is difficult to get rid of the air in the system. May be wrong tho!