turbo timer probs?

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2004, 05:43 PM
gene1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hi
Just spent part of this afternoon fitting Blitz turbo timer and wonder if anyone with a timer can shed any light on this or some obvious mistake ive missed.
The timer came with a harness so saved me hard wiring it,plugged harness in line,both earth wires to earth,same point as the link so i know its a good earth,connected the speed wire to the said point on the brain loom,even though i dont really want that option of the timer,and connected the purple handbrake wire to the wire(pink )that goes to the handbrake switch.I take it this is the correct wire as i cant see any other,and even put this to earth like the manual said you can,just to check the fault wasnt woith the h/brake switch.
Turn engine on,idle,set timer to auto -switch off and so does the timer,i had a timer ages ago that worked twice and then did the same thing so i just used it for the O2 and voltage readings,im starting to wonder could it be something with the ignition switch as it just doesnt recognise to run on when the keys off?
Any ideas or views,
Regards
Gene
Old 28 January 2004, 07:31 PM
sti-spec-a
Scooby Regular

The newer Turbo Timers can adjust the time it will run on for according to how hard its been driven My Greddy one will only run on if i spank the **** off the car or if i try to turn it off when stone cold (short run to shops)

Cheers Grunt
Old 28 January 2004, 07:39 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

Do you have the handbrake on don't you?

Mine turns off when the handbrake is off, however is fine when the handbrake is set.
Old 29 January 2004, 02:42 PM
dsapsfo1
Scooby Regular

Have you got an alarm fitted on the car? I tried fitting a TT to my Scoob and had exactly the same problems you're descibing - I too had a harness. Turns out that when the alarm/immobiliser had been installed, they'd chopped into the area of the harness that the TT plugged into and so there although the plugs were there, the pins didn't actually connect to any wires! Have a good look, comparing the pins in the connectors that are actually wired up and let us know the verdict.

Cheers...