Notices

FAO extremescoobies

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2004, 04:05 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

can you please let me know how you got on with the tein type ha coilovers last year? supposed;y you were getting a mechanic to have a look and see if it was possible to rebuild the shockers?

cheers
Old 24 January 2004, 08:57 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Ring them?!

MB
Old 25 January 2004, 08:11 AM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

YHM as of 00.24 lats night however.

TEIN shocks had to be sent away to Japan at a cost of £100 per leg & that was just an inspection.

An engineer wanted to drill into them & replace the solid suspension strut with a refillable valve; though this would have been a prototype & the results couldn't be certain.

The customer decided to get another set of alternative coilovers...

Since then in Jap Performance this month TEIN have got a UK distributor now; though all kits are assembled in Japan.

I saw the ad on Saturday though haven't phoned to check on servicing issues; though I should still imagine it will be back to Japan...

Old 25 January 2004, 10:26 AM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

cheers extreme

the company will not be up and running till the end of february. they do even have a website, but all is under construction and their phone number is dead. seen them at autosport, but never asked about them i'm not totally convinced yet that they are leaking, so is there any way that i can check before fitting them???

edited to add...is it possible to buy the shockers one at a time, or do you ALWAYS have to buy a whole set?

[Edited by drb5 - 1/25/2004 10:28:36 AM]