Notices

maf and lamba sensors???

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2003, 06:27 PM
P1 0149/1000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Yesterday i went to a well known Subaru tuning company to have my P1 re mapped (it already has Tek 3) They plugged in and told me that my Maf and Lamba sensor in their words were both ****ed so they were unable to complete the re map.
What i would like to know is what are the symptoms of these 2 sensors being faulty?? I would have siad that the car would not idle and would feel lumpy,jerky etc but the car is fine, they also said that it was causing the car to run lean.
I have re booked with them to have the 2 sensors fitted and the re map completed next week, just thought id ask you gals and guys what your opinion was??
The car is a P1 with full decat, tek 3, k&n indction, there are no check lights on either.

Many thanks
Old 07 December 2003, 07:09 PM
Franko
Scooby Regular

An engine check light does not always apear for these sensors as the ecu learns and adjusts to their outputs...

Irratic idle,loss of power at higer revs are a couple of symptoms of MAF failure... if you do a search by clicking the search button above you will find Looods of info on these two sensors

Franko
Old 07 December 2003, 07:26 PM
glen4
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Justin
Thanks for the downpipe yesterday, sorry didn't have time to stop and chat but had to get to Subaru4you for my service, top outfit BTW, they did a real good job. Anyhow if those two sensors were goosed I would have thought your symptoms were spot on. It's not easy to spot a failing MAF however, I had one fitted to my car a few months ago. I would take it to a main dealer and get them to check the sensors, the Lambda sensor is easy to spot on the select monitor and if the technician is any good they can diagnose a failing MAF with a road test with the monitor plugged in. Why not try Power Engineering? I think they're a far better company than the one you visited yesterday, IMHO of course

later,

glen