Notices

My STi Wagon thinks it's a boat!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2003, 03:03 AM
my94
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just discoverd a bucket full of water where my spare tyre is.I had to use a cup to bail out the water..........felt like I was on a boat.Only discovered this as going round a corner and heard a swooshing sound........was amazed at the amount of water ( where my spare is.......... nearly submerged.)
My question is...................
a)has anyone else suffered the same problem......&
b)anyone know what this could be......??????

As usual,thanks for any help u guys can give.
(MY94 Sti Wagon....lots of heavy rain of late)
Old 06 December 2003, 09:13 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Almost certainly the sealant around the light clusters has failed- do a search here for "boot leak" and it will reveal the full procedure to remdy this.

Off the top of my head- 5 bolts to undo, then hairdrier to loosen the black gunk, cluster out, clean off all the old sealant then put it back well packed with fresh sealant and hopefully your problem will be at an end.

For the time being take out the little rubber bung under the spare which will at least let the water drain. Good luck finding it.
Old 06 December 2003, 05:18 PM
lloydox-wrx
Scooby Newbie

had the same problem that nacro is talking about after fitting sti back lights to my wrx .

but one maore thing has your car had any crash damage repair done on the back end could be the tail gate not fitting properly or the rear screen may have been not sealed properly

if u get someone to sit in the boot with the trims removed and use a hose pipe to soke the back of the car to see where its coming in

good luck pal