Notices

cut off at 5500 rpm +>

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2003, 08:45 AM
GariYaRally
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took the beast out for a thrash around last night and found it cutting off when flooring it past the said rpm. Well, it cuts off and then as the revs increase again past the cut off, it cutts of again. This all under 1.1 bar, ie not over boosting. This has only ever happened in the past when a vaccumm pipe slipped off the valve.

I assume from reading in the forum that the boost solenoid might have some traces of oil causing the ecu to "think" that the car's over boosting.

Any ideas on how to clean the oil out and/or any other places I should be looking.

I will get a fuel pressure guage onto the fuel rail and find out what pressure the pumps at. What should this read at ?

Thanking all you scooby lovers out there in advance !
Old 03 December 2003, 12:57 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can connect the "check connectors" together, just underneath the drives side of the dash board and get the solenoid valve to "self clean" for a couple of minutes, then disconnect the two plugs, see if that cures it.
But you may find that in current weather [cold/damp air] plus grade of fuel [optimax] it may be engine cut you are experiencing