Notices

Anyone know the facts- Emmissions/imports

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2003, 06:02 PM
oz555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just failed my MOT. 94 WRX full decat. Tried it with the centre section, still failed. There did seem to be a bit of soup mumbling between the mechanics as to what car it was, I did hear P1 being mentioned. Got the impression they weren't quite sure and tested it as a UK. Anyway, have done a search on this and can't seem to find any concrete answers on wether it actually needs an emmisions test at all, being a pre 95 import and all. Have also tried reading the MOT website but can't make any sense there either.

Did try asking the mechanic if he would run another car through for me, you would swear i'd asked him for sex the way he looked at me. Never mind.

Does anyone actually know the score on this one, with a possible link I can print out and wave it underneath there over authoritive noses, as I really can't face the knuckle stripping ordeal that is Impreza downpipe removal. Thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 02 December 2003, 10:56 PM
oz555
Scooby Regular

btt
Old 03 December 2003, 02:15 PM
KevinH
Scooby Regular

a 94 WRX should be tested with a non-cat test.

you can find the flowchart MOT testers use here

http://www.imoc.co.uk/technical/faq/mot/mot-cat.gif

the difficulty is the "can you find an exact match .. in the analyser database" bit as all UK scoobs are in but Jap imports are not.

Old 03 December 2003, 06:04 PM
oz555
Scooby Regular

Nice one mate. Will have look now.