Notices

FSE Power Boost Valve

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2003, 10:39 PM
cj scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya all

i got a FSE Power Boost Valve with my scooby when i brought it an was thinkin about fitting if where does it go and how easy is it to fit an also if it worth it?

Cheers
Cj
Old 15 November 2003, 09:39 AM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Is this one of those valves that increase fuel rail pressure as revs increase ?

Waste of time unless the injectors were not passing enough fuel due to other mods and the ECU would need mapping to use it anyway.
Old 15 November 2003, 10:12 AM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the project forum on the last page is m thread for a fitting guide for these little buggers. They are not easy to fit but are recomeneded (i know, i canot spel) if you are running a lot of mods like I am.

As for the above comment about having to have them mapped to the car well I would have to disagree. Although this would extract the maximum efficiency out of it, it is not strickly needed IMO.

Usually they are fitted along with an uprated fuel pump becuase there have been issues with the standard FPR not being able to cop (do a search to find the threads). I am not saying that this is the case with all cars but it has been mentioned before.

If you are at the beginning stages of modifying then I would not say that you really needed a FSE FPR but when you are running uprated/increased - exhaust( inc U/P, D/P, manifold etc), turbo, boost, intercooler, ECU etc etc then it is a must.
Old 15 November 2003, 10:17 AM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Surley if you are running so many mods that the standard fuelling is insufficent, then even with higher fuel pressure giving you greater fuel flow, its not a very precise way to get the correct fuelling. With this engines ability to blow up if detonation occurs, I would not trust this kit on its own without a re-map