Notices

front bumpers and fogs search

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2001, 09:33 PM
zack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully someone can help me.
I had a small accident after a fun day out, chilling on the way home i pulled up outside and proceeded to hit the wall. Feeling a bit embarrassed to have hit something at less than 5mph i got out to find the concrete post had managed to smash one front fog, the headlamp washer casing and leave quite a mark on the bumper.
Before i go out and spend loads of cash at the dealer i wondered if anyone can recommend how i can save my readies, perhaps were i can get my hands on a complete bumper (repairing plastic is not my thing), and where it is best to get replacement lamps from.car is silver MY95 UK.
Any recommendations are welcome
Old 09 October 2001, 10:03 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zack,

I had a small disagreement with a roadworks sign a year or so ago. It left a big 7" score down the front bumper. Luckily I had my driving light covers on, so avoided smashing my PIAA's. Anyway, the dealer repaired the bumper for £55.

I'm not sure if you could sorce a good 2nd-hand bumper and get it resprayed for much less.

Stefan
Old 10 October 2001, 10:58 PM
zack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

thanks, i was going to visit dealer for fresh set of covers anyway, ill see what they say if they are going to be that reasonable