Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2001, 01:52 PM
CraigLyon
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi all

I'm a bit confused and was wondering if anyone has any ideas? I have a 00 Scooby and I have recently had a Clifford Concept 600 and NavTrak proactive tracking system fitted. Everything works fine but I have the check engine light constantly flashing at me when I drive. I had contacted the alarm company who fitted both products and they informed me that this is a common fault on Scoobys and I need to take the car to a Scooby garage to get the ECU reset. I did this and the light is still flashing the scooby engineer has verified that their is nothing wrong with the car and is confused as to why this happens. The strange thing is that if you start the car, you can rev the bollocks off the car (pardon the pun) the light doesn't come on but as soon as you start to move the car the light comes on. I assume that whatever is causing this is going off the speed pulse, again I spoke to the alarm company and they informed me that the only thing that uses the speed pulse is the NavTrak system. I am due to take the car back to the alarm company and they are going to disable the alarm/tracker and then I can get the ECU reset and they are then going to try again. As a few of you here have Clifford Alarms and the NavTrak system I was wondering if you have experienced similar problems?

Thanks in advance

Craig
Old 19 September 2001, 07:53 PM
Steve Lawson
Scooby Regular

Craig,

I have seen this "problem" before what usually happens with alarm installs is the fitter sees the read memory connectors hanging down under the dash and joins them together.
Have a look under the drivers side of the dashboard for two black single terminal plugs,disconnect them and that will solve your problem .

Steve
Old 20 September 2001, 01:18 PM
CraigLyon
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Steve

Although it doesn't seem to have resolved the problem . Do I need to get the ECU reset again ?

Thanks

Craig
Old 20 September 2001, 01:42 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

isn't that what triggers a ecu reset?
Old 22 September 2001, 12:34 PM
LEN CARLYON
Scooby Regular

hi craiglyon
sometimes when they fit navtrak removing the rear seats makes it easier, in that process sometimes the plugs for the ABS sensors in the rear become disconnected (not fully pulled apart) this will put the light on when you start to move.
regards
Len