Notices

Tileys of Bristol - First Class Service

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2001, 08:20 PM
JFB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Some good news folks. I just picked up my MY00 14500mls Dutch Import from the service dept at Tileys today following a clutch replacement UNDER WARRANTY! (1 month left) Yes, blue spots on the plate justified the claim (Whew) and the flywheel, clutch plate, bearing and something else were all replaced. The service Manager Phil was very informative and most supportive indeed despite my feeling like an imposter with the import. Moreover, on a subsequent test drive, Dave (the gifted mechanic) discovered a foreign noise that I had missed and a claim for a new power steering pump has gone in again UNDER WARRANTY! Absolutely brilliant.

Then, at the same time Dave fitted my new Defi centre pod with gauges and liaised with New Age Motorsport re the fitting. He fitted the housing deeper into the dash and it truly looks the dogs "cahonies"! He's an enthusiast and worked until 8.00pm last night to finish the job. I even got a scoob as a loan car. So thank you Phil & Dave - first class service.

Just a trip to Godspeed next and I'll give it rest then.

Jerome
Old 22 August 2001, 10:50 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

Jerome

Did you have to pay out your own pocket for clutch and then claim back after clutch sent to Holland ?

Mark
Old 23 August 2001, 08:05 PM
JFB
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi Mark,

Eh no, I did not have to pay a thing but I guess it's all subject to the final approval from IM, I believe. There was no mention of the part having to be sent back to the Dutch dealer or anything so, I have just left it to the dealers. Hopefully, I wont hear a thing but they were quite confident (as much as they can be) from their experience that the claim would go through without any problems. It's wait and see!

Regards

Jerome