Notices

Competition seats & fitting

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2003, 11:25 AM
LeMans
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking to fit some competition seats to my Classic (Sparco, Cobra or similar). The car is used for motorsport and must be fixed securely, i.e. cannot be on sliders.

Has anyone already done this and if so what seats to you recommend but more particularly which seat frame/mount. Is there a seat frame/mount that directly replaces the factory fitted sliding arrangement utilising the existing bolt holes?.

Cheers

Stu
Old 04 November 2003, 01:04 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

I'd suggest you contact a seat supplier directly and get the best advise, as your life depends on this at the end of the day. Plenty of web addresses to look at and the result will be guaranteed fully, rather than a bit of one and part of another.
Old 04 November 2003, 02:28 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

I am looking to fit some competition seats to my Classic (Sparco, Cobra or similar). The car is used for motorsport and must be fixed securely, i.e. cannot be on sliders.
A proper job entails welding a pair of bars transversely between the transmission tunnel and the sill, with extra reinforcement going onto the tunnel and sills before the bars are added. The seat mounts then bolt direct to threaded inserts in the bars.

If you are using the car for motorsport, this is the way you want to do it. Consult an MSA accredited roll cage supplier/fitter, they'll be able to do what's necessary.

Is there a seat frame/mount that directly replaces the factory fitted sliding arrangement utilising the existing bolt holes?.
I've read here in the past that either Corbeau or Cobra make a mount that fits the existing hardpoints, but whether it's up to par is something I can't comment on. I'd suggest that safety is something you shouldn't even think about compromising on, so see about doing it the way suggested above.