Central locking.

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2003, 12:47 PM
Thehut
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi there,

Had the car put in for a new immobiliser and when it came back the drivers door is the only one to be locked/unlocked when the alarm is plipped. Only realised this after a week of driving around and parking up with 3 unlocked doors, doh.
Immobiliser is on a seperate system to the alarm, i think, with a thingy on the keyfob to deactivate it when near the ignition, so dunno if its related or just a wierd coincidence. Is there a common fault associated with the locking or is it a have a look and see job.
Oh yeah, it's a '98 Turbo 2000 4 door.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom.

[Edited by Thehut - 11/3/2003 12:49:17 PM]
Old 11 March 2003, 02:01 PM
Thehut
Scooby Regular

OK then...guess it's a case of have a good look and see.

Ah, the search engine, new to this stuff, sorry.

[Edited by Thehut - 11/3/2003 2:11:59 PM]
Old 11 March 2003, 04:40 PM
Gump
Scooby Regular

I dont if this might help but sometimes if the wires in the door if not in safely when things are installed etc.,the electric window when used may have cut the central locking one,iv seen it happen before,so does the key activate all the doors for the central locking?

[Edited by Gump - 11/3/2003 4:42:24 PM]
Old 03 November 2003, 06:18 PM
Thehut
Scooby Regular

The key seems to only unlock/lock the drivers door, so dunno what's going on, guy at the garage said all the wires seem to be OK looking at them but can't be sure without checking each one, needle in haystack job i think
Cheers for the advice.

Tom.
Old 03 November 2003, 06:52 PM
Imprezive
Scooby Regular

Hi, reckon it might cos its only the drivers door that has the central locking actuator in it (so iv'e bee told), i have a 97tbo and only the drivers door unlocks all with the key(single point), unlocking passenger or boot with key will Only unlock those doors,
Some of the alarm sites might shed more info on additional motors/actuators, also some one on here might be able to confirm
if it is ONLY the drivers door lock that opperates all.
Hope it helps.
B
Old 03 November 2003, 10:43 PM
big500
Scooby Regular

Usually when fitting an alarm most people fit an auxiliary solenoid in the drivers door. I assume that is what is fitted in yours.The solenoid is linked mechanically to the subaru door locking bar in the door ( the one that moves when you manually lock the door ) Since you cannot operate all the doors with the key then the fault lies with the vehicle and not the alarm.
I would firstly check the fuse for the C/L
If the fuse is ok then I would remove the door trim and check the linkage and switch , you can trick the doorlock that it is locked by rotating the lock cam with a screwdriver in the end of the lock whilst leaving the door open but dont forget to flick the door opening lever before you try to close the door.
If the fault is not in the door then it is likely to be the door locking relay which on my 98 wagon is situated above the front and rear foglight switches in the dash. Try removing the multiplug and reinserting it , it may be a bad contact

let me know haw you get on , hope this helps

Steve