Notices

Registering UK spec import for warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2001, 08:48 AM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

When I get my import from belgium I presume I have to register the warrenty with International Motors. Any Idea who I speak to and what the number/address is for this registration?
Old 19 April 2001, 08:53 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Just ring IM on 0121-522 2000 and ask for the Warranty dept. They will require your VIN number, Invoice and possibly (off the top of my head) your UK reg.

I think that they will ask you to supply these in the post to them. They will then check out with the supplying dealer to make sure it's a legit Subaru dealer.

You probably won't here back from them so give them a call a couple of months later to make sure you're registered. If you have a warranty claim and you're not registered, it could take many weeks extra before they'll authorise the work otherwise.

Ta,

Matt
Old 19 April 2001, 09:43 PM
AWJB
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

When you receive your vehicle & register it in the UK, take your V5 registration document, your certificate of conformity & the final invoice you received from the european dealer, (the balance of the vehicle before you received it as the date of the invoice is the date the warranty runs from.)to your local dealer. They will send it to the warranty department at International Motors, give them 2-3weeks to process the info, then call the dealer who can check if the vehicle has been registered online & chase the warranty department if it has not.

If they take longer than 3 weeks don't panic as there may be a backlog (there were 2,600 or so registered on the system last time I looked)

Andrew
Old 19 April 2001, 09:44 PM
AWJB
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

When you receive your vehicle & register it in the UK, take your V5 registration document, your certificate of conformity & the final invoice you received from the european dealer, (the balance of the vehicle before you received it as the date of the invoice is the date the warranty runs from.)to your local dealer. They will send it to the warranty department at International Motors, give them 2-3weeks to process the info, then call the dealer who can check if the vehicle has been registered online & chase the warranty department if it has not.

If they take longer than 3 weeks don't panic as there may be a backlog (there were 2,600 or so registered on the system last time I looked)

Andrew