Notices

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2001, 07:08 AM
David the Bold
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Well, I hit 1600 km (1000 miles) exactly one week after I got the car so tonight I took it out for a serious ripping. I went up and down this beutifully paved peice of twisties three and four times. Each time I went a little harder, making the tires scream a little louder. By the last couple of runs, I was getting very sideways. Outstanding so far, BUT , when I got back on the highway, it started getting the shakes between 70-80 mph. From there, it keeps getting worse. I thought it could be the alignment, but the car was traking fairly straight (might have been pulling very slightly to the left, but I might just be paranoid). WHAT DO I DO???? Help me please!
(Boost, by the way, is a terrific thing, too bad it's been temporarily spoiled by this tradgedy.)
Old 08 April 2001, 08:33 AM
CHIZZER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi David,
I am Mark from Tyres Northampton,the vibration you are getting is definetly nothing to do with the tracking/alignment of the car,tracking will not cause a vibration.
The most probable cause is either you have knocked a balance weight off,or the tyres have got that hot they have beaded up,which would cause a vibration,however if this is the case after a few hundred miled they will even of,or the last thing it could be is you may have hit a pot hole and put a flat spot on thw wheel.
I hope this helps.Just get the car in to a respectable tyre place,and get them to check it out.
Regards
CHIZZER(MARK TYRES NORTHAMPTON)