Notices

Feels crap!

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2001, 07:04 PM
Bas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I've got a MY98 Terzo and recently it's been feeling completely flat and unresponsive.

Now I haven't changed the way I drive...always let it warm up for a good 15 to 20 minutes before pushing it and using the same SUL.

The only thing that has changed is that about 4 weeks ago I had a SS backbox and ITG panel filter fitted. Although it used to do it before from time to time, it seems to have got worse since then.

Could this be connected and if so how do I sort it...if not, any other ideas?

Cheers

Bas
Old 09 March 2001, 02:36 PM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Hi Bas,

Have you recently changed the oil?

I've had a similar problem after the dealer changed my oil. If they overfill it, it can gunk up your wastegate control solenoid (so I'm reliably informed) which restricts your boost. If this is it, clean it out with brake/carb cleaner. Have you got a boost gauge to check this. If you have and/or you're boosting ok, then sorry m8 but I must be barking up the wrong tree, but I did the same as you, new filter, new 'Zorst and it went crap. With me it was coincidence I think and the oil change was probably the cause. Hope this is of some help.

Rich
Old 09 March 2001, 06:55 PM
Bas
Scooby Regular

Hi Rich

Haven't had an oil change for about 4 months. But, thinking about it, a couple of weeks ago I did start getting a violent cut out when pushing on in 4th or 5th gear which I think indicates the problem you're talking about.

Only happened for one day and has been OK since so I didn't think any more of it. Got a service due in a couple of weeks so I'll get them to check it out.

Cheers

Bas
Old 10 March 2001, 10:10 AM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

It could be overboosting?
Old 12 March 2001, 08:09 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

Bas,

How are you m8, great to meet with you again the other day. I hope you get the problem sorted with you scoob. My number 07930 818 608 keep in contact, we will have to do a trip to southend when it stops raining.

I had a great nearly miss on the way home after I left the Quays. I was on the M3 heading home (London) as you know it was pissing down I was in the fast lane doing 80mph 200 meters behind a 330ci and in front of that was a Golf GTI holding up the over takers even though he could of moved in to the middle lane. This line up remained for 10mins, conditions were really bad, it was as bad as a foggy morning with all the water spray you would aqua plain if you slammed the anchors on hard.

So what happend is that I saw a single tyre from the left hand side (front)on the 330 bouncing , speeding towards me, I mean fast, this tyre infact came off the rear left of the Golf, and missed me by half a meter. The 330 was lucky, but me even more so, that made the bloody golf move over, right to the hard shoulder, I thought he was going to end up on it's roof, sparks all over the shop.

End result no one hurt, only the pride of the golf driver who was stopping people to over take becouse of weather conditions.

Regards

Moe
Old 12 March 2001, 08:42 PM
Bas
Scooby Regular

Cool

Moe

Bloody hell...that sounded like a close call...good to hear that nothing happened to you or that nice little motor of your's. Thanks for the ride by the way!

Guess what, my Scoob felt fine today. Don't know if it's permanent yet, I'll watch it over the next few days.

Now it could be one of two things.

On Saturday, I used Total SUL instead of Esso as I usually do.

And then you at a fiddle under my bonnet at yesterday's meet. If it was you...cheers m8...I've got my Scoob back! I'll let you know if it stays OK.

As you say, keep in touch...my no is 07803 077926.

Cheers

Bas
Old 12 March 2001, 09:36 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

Smile

MMMMMMM, it could be the fuel, but maybe your leads are poping of the plugs, that is the norm. Keep me posted on the motor.

So what did you think of the ride then? bare in mind I was holding back becouse of the weather.

Moe

Trending Topics

Old 12 March 2001, 09:44 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

MMMMMMM, it could be the fuel, but maybe your leads are poping of the plugs, that is the norm. Keep me posted on the motor. Oh yeah your vac pipe on the inlet manifold was not sitting flush with the base, which means it's not air tight and the pressure it's going under when your driving is making it lift off, especially since you had the air filter done, I would get a J clip or something to hold it down. If this pipe is releasing air than that will make it run flat /lower your boost.

Make sure everything is tight, all hoses etc as I said. When are you going to the dealer next, get them to change the plug, so then at lest you know they are done and they will be ok for 30k miles. if the dealer labour rate is more than 30 + vat let me know, I can sort it.

So what did you think of the ride then? bare in mind I was holding back becouse of the weather.

Moe

Old 12 March 2001, 11:07 PM
Bas
Scooby Regular

I think you're probably right Moe...if it goes flat again I'll have a fiddle and see if it sorts it.

Nice gentle drive around the country wasn't it...at least you didn't end up in a ditch!

Seriously though, cool car m8 and great sounds.

Cheers

Bas
Old 13 March 2001, 11:51 PM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

Yeah Bas, keep an eye on it, and I am glad you liked the ride, I just wonder what Andy Tang would say about the ditch....LOL.

See yeah soon

Moe