Notices

Found - Aladdin’s Cave of Scooby bits

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2001, 06:52 PM
petercope
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Someone tried to steal the Legacy Turbo from a local car park but was disturbed. Damage was Door handle and Lock barrel. The cowls around the steering column, and in ripping the cowl off they damaged the parking light switch which broke the ring to which are attached the stalks for lights, wipers etc.
Replacement parts prices from a Dealer were frightening but I spotted a reference to “Grade A” breakers on the BB so rang them. All parts were in stock so a quick drive to Hayfield, Derbyshire, and what a great surprise it was. Like an Aladdin’s Cave of damaged Scooby’s and bits for them.
There were 2, 4 and 5 doors, P1, WRX and the like plus Legacy turbos and GTB. It was magic.
Bought all the parts at well under half price and he even helped me to fit them! What a star !
Many thanks Andy & Roger.
Nearly bought me a new set of wheels but my wallet told me to resist the temptation even though he took plastic.

I certainly know where I’ll be going for spares for our 2 Scoobies in future!
Old 21 January 2001, 10:12 PM
NIGE K
Scooby Regular

Are these the gold 17" compomotive in perfect cond.
I was tempted also as I wanted a spare set shod with slicks for track days.
I did get a spot off the P1 they had in. I thought I was going to have to buy one from a dealership, so it was a very welcome surprise to pick up a second hand (even if it had only done 1200mls)

NigeK
Old 23 January 2001, 08:34 PM
stratman
Scooby Regular

Fully agree with you. It is just like an aladdins cave, like you say. I have bought my WRX seats and interior and lots of other bits all at a fair price.

Andy and Roger are top guys. Next time you go ask to see Roger's beautifully restored red E-Type, normally under cover.