Rear and creaking...

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2000, 12:54 AM
PaulL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

...that's from the car, not me!

Don't know if anyone's got an idea what this is, but my car (MY99 4door) has developed a creaking noise from the rear passenger side.

It only does it when pulling away from a standstill (not necessarily quickly) and turning left at the same time.

Can't decide if its the suspension, the folding rear seats or the exhaust moving.

Anybody got any experience of anything similar?

Ta

Paul L
Old 06 July 2000, 01:37 PM
BHORT
Scooby Regular

I've had a lot of creaking from the rear seat, upright portion as it was loose on the catch. Sorted by wrapping a bit of foam around the bar that the seat catch clips to this stops the thing moving and creaking.

Brendan
Old 07 July 2000, 05:31 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

Have you tried bouncing up and down in the seat [Wey Hay] to see if the noise is inside the car. Then try the same sitting in the boot to see if its there. Then try the body, to see if its the springs or shocks or the Exhaust. Have you check the wheel bearings ??

Just a few thoughts

Cheers

Old 12 July 2000, 08:22 PM
PaulL
Scooby Regular

Talking

OK, sorted it.

The local dealer tried to find it and failed but did agree that there was an odd noise from that area of the car. He checked out the suspension in that corner of the car, just in case - clean bill of health given.

So I had a go myself - tracked it down to the pipe (presumably the water outlet from the sunroof) which runs down to the back of the car, past the jack, and then to the outside world. No ties or anything on it, so it just wobbles around clanging against the inside of the rear wing... not any more though... good old cable-ties

Paul L