Notices

Any one know what this is???

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2000, 01:02 AM
Greg Small
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys/Galls
Does any one know what this is, and before you all start tacking the P*** I know it`s an exhaust……
The problem is that the back box is now getting a bit hard up and a needs to be replaced.
Since it is fairly quiet I just wont to replace it like or like item but haven’t got a foggy what it is.
I have searched the net but got nowhere.
It has a 2 ¾ bore inlet and a 4 ¼ Stainless tail pipe with the words “Prof Sports Muffler” and “JASMA 95-000073” on the under side.
I now what JASMA means ( something about Jap sewing machines according to Alta Vista) but still cant get a maker…
With a bit of luck there should be a couple of pictures below.

Old 05 June 2000, 01:12 AM
Greg Small
Scooby Regular

Cant believe that it actually worked. It has taken me 6 hours, 3 cups of coffee, 2 ISP`s and 2 cans of beer to post this!!!!
Had to sort out a web page first which I have never done before, then download some FTP thingy to upload the images onto the net etc etc etc Absolute murder…..
To make thing worse the free bt internet shut down at 12....
Any way can final relax and head to bed now.
Cheers Greg
Old 05 June 2000, 01:25 AM
rik.c
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Alright GREG,
Have'nt got the foggyest what the tail pipe is, but thats a fine job you did to get the pickies on here.
nice one sorry could'nt help.

[This message has been edited by rik.c (edited 05-06-2000).]
Old 05 June 2000, 01:32 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

JASMA is a japanese standards authority for sports exhausts... something like Japan Auto Sports Muffler Association or such like, IIRC. It's like having a kite mark on a jap exhaust, if that makes sense.
Old 05 June 2000, 05:55 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Could be an HKS Hiper - tail pipe and size is correct, although from memory the inlet pipe is 3in and it is very noisy - but not as noisy as a Blitz.

I'm impressed with your web handywork, and moreso your commitment!

R
Old 05 June 2000, 06:52 PM
Graham Stocker
Scooby Regular

Greg ive got the same system on my 95 WRX. Love the sound of the Jasma Burble!. Graham.
Old 05 June 2000, 07:33 PM
pumpers
Scooby Regular

Question

it's exactly the same as mine- i haven't a clue either. anybody out there know ???
Old 05 June 2000, 07:48 PM
rik.c
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi, Greg
Did abit of searching on your behalf and on the underside of the backbox there should be the words:-
Main Factory
FGK
Fwitsubo Giken co LTD
If so do a search for FGK there's a couple of leads there but the best one being,
AXLE MOTORSPORT on
Old 05 June 2000, 11:12 PM
Greg Small
Scooby Regular

Wink

Rannoch
When I said that it was quiet I was ofcorse meaning quiet in the Scooby sense, my mate has a Blitz copy full stainless system that is very loud!!!! No good for long journeys.

rik.c
There is nothing on the under side that suggests a maker, just the JASMA tag and the works “Prof Sports Muffler” embossed in italics.

Graham / pumpers
Since you reckon that your Zost is the same, does yours have any other info on it???

I had a look at some of the biggies like blitz and HKS web sites but came up blank. Although I will have another go.( My Jap is about as good as my web site…….LOL)
If it`s any help it`s made from M/S not Stainless although the tail pipe is.
It must have came from Japan cos the car is an import and the zost has the JASMA tag on the underside.
Seems a waste to replace the whole lot with a Magnex or something for the sake of a back box though it may prove to be cheaper if I have to import one from Japan.

Will have a look at axle ms site and let you know my findings

Cheers Greg
Old 05 June 2000, 11:35 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

Cool

Looks very similar to my exhaust and again the only thing I can find stamped into the thing is the Jasma bit . Don`t really care who makes it , all I know is that it does sound really nice
Dave
Old 06 June 2000, 10:02 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

I did a website for a guy who imports proper jap exhaust systems.
Old 06 June 2000, 08:49 PM
Graham Stocker
Scooby Regular

If its any help On the side of my tailpipe it says Hyper Madalion , underneath on the backbox says Jasma. Graham.
Old 07 June 2000, 12:16 PM
JON HUGHES
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Graham
From what I can see it looks like the backbox joins the middle section before the bend that goes under the driveshafts?? if this is so it's probably the FGK system.
Jon..
p.s dp motorsports sell these I think??
Old 08 June 2000, 06:22 PM
Graham Stocker
Scooby Regular

My back box is stainless with a 5 inch tail pipe . The rest is 75 mil diamiter with two what i think are sets of baffles ? halfway along the system. Not silencers but a couple of slightly swollen areas . All i know is i love the sound!! and it most definately improves performance and torque compared to the original system .Graham.
Old 10 June 2000, 03:25 PM
Mark Rowley
Scooby Newbie

Have got something similar on me MY95 WRX except tail pipe is 4.5ins dia with the letters GD each side, on the underside of the box itself it has got the same letters plus the word GANDOR,also jasma 0 0 8(japanese writing) and 95 000084 (could it be a batch no. or an ltd edition no.)My tail pipe has an angled opening (out more at top than bottom )also very nice rolled lip with double skin with internal vents(?) it has a great burble on tickover and is a bit throaty depending on the load pedal.
It came with the car so I hope I don't need to change it in the future ,also it shines up well polished (s/steel).
Would like to know more about it myself