Notices

EU WRX 1000 service & warranty

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2003, 12:12 PM
Nak
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My EU import WRX MY03 is coming up to the 1000 mile service. To keep the 1 Year warranty valid, do I have to take it to a Subaru dealer or can I go somewhere like Scoobysport?

Thanks
Old 17 October 2003, 02:08 PM
crispyduck
Scooby Regular

My Belgium EU import WRX 03 does not need the 1K service (for warranty purposes) however I did get the oil changed ;-)
See my http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?ThreadID=251035&Page=2.

What EU state is your car? Denmark/Holland?
-Steve.
Old 17 October 2003, 04:00 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

if you want to ensure your warranty, I would suggest its better to take to a dealer, also take a copy of "purchase invoice" and "certificate of conformity" with you, so the dealer can send off the Subaru Uk and get your car "identified" on the UK network, so you are covered for the warranty period. Failing to do this means no warranty at any dealer, believe me, it happens !!
Take the forms with you, or if you are unsure, try speaking to Subaru Uk at West brom, they will confirm this as they have to get permission off the supplying country to change the warranty cover over to the UK.
Old 18 October 2003, 11:09 AM
Nak
Scooby Regular

Im not too sure which state its from. I got the car from Motorpoint of Derby, have phoned up to ask but not having much luck. Guess now they have sold the car Im not really a piority.
Old 18 October 2003, 11:22 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Registered my MY02 with Subaru UK as soon as I got it for warranty purposes - allegedly some dealers get twitchy about booking in any cars not already registered?

Generally, car manufacturers require main dealer servicing, although I did hear that competition laws are on their way to change that?

Edit to add - IIRC, I heard rumours about motorpoint selling Cypriot or similar model cars - which are European but not EU. Must state that I am in no position to confirm or deny those rumours, and this may or may not effect your car. This causes warranty problems, amongst others. Also, if you haven't got an EU certificate of conformity, you can't prove it is UK spec; this means insurance won't be as cheap as for a UK spec car, I believe. IMHO - chase very hard for that certificate of conformity if you haven't got one.

[Edited by hades - 10/18/2003 11:28:18 PM]