Notices

Info On my Prodrive WR Sport

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2003, 12:53 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The car is an S reg and I was wondering if it was part of a limited run?

I've gleaned afew things and it MAY have been part of a limited 100 run.

If so, can anyone tell me how to locate the serial number / run number as I wish to obtain some kind of 'certificate of autthenticity' (if one exists).

I'm about to call prodrive themselves. But I'm not sure of their ability to locate such data after the cars left their facility.

I do know of a Prodrive guy who posts here regular (ish), but I may have to wait for him to stumble upon this post.....
Old 16 October 2003, 01:07 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

Are you sure it has not simply had some prodrive sport option packs fitted as aftermarket extra's, as these were available via the dealers.
But as you say, may be easier to simply ring prodrive with the chassis number and "if" fitted by them, it will be on their records and they can advise you. Dont try simply giving them the reg number, as these can change when a car is sold, the chassis number does not [hopefully !].
Old 16 October 2003, 01:11 PM
RB5320
Scooby Regular

try a search for "WR sport" as there are a couple more owners on here. This thread may help -
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadID=229813

Steve
Old 16 October 2003, 03:07 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Scoobyslut... Defo a Prodrive special. The Silver WR badging on the sides (saying WR) and on the Rear (Saying 'Prodrive Impreza' with the WR logo), full Prodrive External (Skirts all round, lowered by Bilstein and Eibach and the Prodrive badged 17" Speedlines), Internal (including the VERY rare Prodrive Recaros, Prodrive initialed mats and Carbon gear **** and the (unique to the WR Sport) White Dials with WR badging) and the PPP engine mods make this a pretty well put together car from Banbury rather than a custom built.

There's two other WR Owners that I know of on this BB, Monday Lad and WRMIke, both of whom have different models to mine but badged as WR's. All the research seems to say that it is a100 run special. But I need to look a bit further as why they were built, how many, other models etc etc...

Prodrive had a power failure today, so their PC's were down. I will try again soon to contact Mike Wood.

RB350...Tried that. All it threw up was Mike Wood, who's the guy I mentioned who may be able to help.

Cheers fellas.....