Zymol Lehm-Klay restorer

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 1999, 12:45 AM
mike_nunan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Sorry, but this is going to be another "satisfied Zymol customer" puke-fest

Cleansed and waxed my car on Saturday, and as everyone says, yes, it does take a good four hours but, yes, the results are well worth it. I'm used to people not even giving my car a second look, but necks were twisting everywhere I went afterwards. Certainly looks like-new, if not better.

Anyway, I had one quite nasty swirl-like scratch that was the result of me balancing a cardboard box on the rear spoiler. There must have been a bit of grit underneath the box, and as I reached into my pocket for the car keys it swivelled slightly and left this deep-ish scratch mark. It had gone down to the plastic at a couple of (tiny) points, but the main effect was quite deep swirling covering an area about the size of a tax disc.

I attacked this problem patch with the Lehm-Klay product, which consists of a bottle of lubricant fluid that you spray on the bodywork, plus a couple of small yellow "soapbars" of strange clay-like substance. You work the area in horizontal strokes using the clay bar, with minimal pressure. You have to warm the clay over a radiator beforehand so it becomes slightly softened.

After about ten minutes effort, my swirl had receded to the point where it was *just* about perceptible if you knew where to look. At this point I left it, rather than cutting any more paint away, but I am extremely impressed with the result.

(I'm also extremely impressed with Mark Underwood, who made me feel very welcome and took the time to advise me even though I called his mobile while he was out on a family shopping trip -- sorry Mark!)

So, if you have any nasty deep scratches, this product will solve them in short order. It's considerably more cutting than HD Cleanse, but as usual with Zymol products it's all-natural and doesn't harm your paintwork or cut so hard you'll go down to the primer in minutes. Recommended.

-= mike =-