Notices

nightmare paint problem

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 1999, 11:18 PM
ROBERT BARNES
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can anyone help me my dealer creased my drivers front wing on my immaculate MY97 which is in light silver metalic they have replaced the wing at no charge after trying to say it was there when i took it in which it was,nt and the job is perfect except for one floor wher the wing bolts on the paint is like grey primer and dull on old wing but the new wing has a top quality finish along the whole lenth which looks odd when you open the bonnet they told me they could,nt copy the original dull grey under coat style finish and it would have to stay as is unless i can find anyone who can supply this paint,has anyone else had this problem or hasd anyone any ideas thank you Bob
Old 25 June 1999, 08:54 PM
dean r
Scooby Newbie

bob.

you could try and get a dry spray effect by increasing the distance between the panel and gun,dont buff it up to much and use very little laquer,when i saw how subaru painted some of the closures i thought they had'nt finished it!
Old 26 June 1999, 02:33 AM
bruceh
Scooby Regular

Sorry,

Inappropriate posting about a lack of punctuation, keyboard skills, etc. removed.

Wasn't even slightly funny, really. (But I've panted after more satisfying experiences!)

[This message has been edited by bruceh (edited 26-06-99).]