Notices

Milltek Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 1999, 10:04 PM
MarkF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody thinking of changing their exhaust system? I have just changed the back box on MY93 WRX for a Milltek sport one. I took a bit of a chance cos I'd never seen or heard of them before. Then I saw their advert using a WRX STi. OK the tailpipe only comes with a 4" round at the moment but they tell me they are working on others at the moment.
Anyway I took the plunge (after hearing all the modded cars at Knockhill) and forked out £190. Simple to fit is an understatement; 10 minutes! From cold the sound is fairly restrained, being a tad louder than standard (I was disappointed at first) but when it warms up the sound is medium noisy(?) but soooo deep. It just burbles like only the Impreza can. Oh and it doesn't get too noisy when given a large dose of right foot! Well recommended.
Old 03 June 1999, 11:47 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

OOOHHH someone else with a Milltek back box!

I've had mine on the car (MY98 UK Turbo) for over a month and a half and love the noise to bits!

On the rollers at PE on Saturday the 29th, there was nothing in it between my car with this back box and an ITG filter and a similar car with the Scoobysport box. Except for the noise ! Where the car's armed with Scoobysports at high revs started to wail, mine continued to roar! I'll say it again, not unlike a TVR AJP V8 .

I love it, and it's very well made.
Old 04 June 1999, 12:23 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

I have a MillTek exhaust from the turbo fitted to my 1.8L impreza, paid nothing for it (thanks to my father who has contacts in the trade). I am well impressed with it, it sounds lovely, and gives a deep, meaty roar all the way to red-line.

Mark and Tim, go to your nearest Multi-storey car-park, wind all the windows down, and just go for the best sound.
Old 13 June 1999, 12:49 PM
BPM
Scooby Regular

please wait for the Dyno Shoot out.
BPM will win hands down, I promise you.
The exhaust is piece of art that works amazingly. UP to 51HP has been attained on some standard WRX's.

Regards

Greg Nikolettos
Boost Performance Motoring
UK Marketing Manager