Notices

Exhaust and stuff version II

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 1999, 08:24 PM
malique
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GAWD! I must 'ave been half asleep when i wrote part I....cant even understand myself.
Sorry about the grammar.
Oh well...thanks for the input anyway..however I would like to point out that everything said is relevant, e.g. same spec'd car, cat laws, MOT, but I will in the future point out my location beforehand. I apologise to anyone who feel they have been inconvenienced.

In general my questions are answered. About the front pipes Anders -mid range..thanks.

Thanks for the figures KENNY.

Josh...my thoughts exactly.

I understand killing the cat releases approx. 5% more power but it kills the environment too. I promised mum I wouldnt do this *MUAHAHHAHAHHA* thanks for the input MIKE.

Ermmm...back to the issue at hand..what I meant to say was that I have a budget of about 1000 quid to spend on liberating the car somewhat. Whilst it costs about 600 quid for a full stainless steel free flow exhaust system from Apexi and about 200 quid for a K&N air filter injection kit( I have no idea what comes in this kit but thgt the cost should be no more than 50 quid)- I want to find out what I get from spending 800 pounds on these mods and evaluate if the money would be better spent on another maker's/other products. Have any owners out there installed these particular products either in part or whole that can shed some light?

OR

instead of doin all this should I spend the money chipping the car (400 quid), change the back box only(200 quid) and filter (200 quid).

The thing is I would know what I wanted to do if I knew what I get from the each mod and especially info on what the pro's and con's of chipping is.

All I know is that I want the pagid pads or a 22b bra.

:/

Thank you.

btw. I am in Malaysia but the rules of the game remains

Old 22 January 1999, 12:15 AM
Xuyen
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malique,

Good to see about your comment on greenhouse gas emission. I was going to make a few comments about that myself until I read your update.

I know that a local mag recently published an opinion that the problem with WRX exhaust design is that it has two CATs in line with the first one straight after the turbo. They tested a local system designed with a straight through pipe to a single high flow but much larger cat (racing) to deal with the emissions. Their finding was detectable power improvement with better and smoother top rev range. Unfortunately the cost of the CAT was reasonably high. Perhaps you can find a similar design. (Though I don't know how true their opinion was).

Then again if we all are serious about greenhouse gas emissions, we should all go buy 1L 3 cylinder cars to drive!