Notices

Drivers Side Door Dropping

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 1999, 12:25 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I thought it was just me.
My MY98 5 door is suffering the same thing. Only slightly mind but needs an extra push to shut it compared with the passengers door. It's on the list of things to do at the next service, since its not bothering me that much.
Old 11 January 1999, 09:51 AM
Andy Hedges
Scooby Regular

I have just got my 4Dr 98 Turbo, and I have found that the Drivers Door has dropped slightly. Has anyone else come across this problem??
Old 11 January 1999, 10:51 PM
John Phillips
Scooby Regular

Me too. My MY98 4dr has developed this problem over the last few weeks. All the rest are fine. Just like David, it's on the list for the next service.
Old 11 January 1999, 10:51 PM
John Phillips
Scooby Regular

Me too. My MY98 4dr has developed this problem over the last few weeks. All the rest are fine. Just like David, it's on the list for the next service.
Old 11 January 1999, 11:27 PM
David Bilyk
Scooby Newbie

Dont know about dropping, but both my first impreza turbo, and my new one had / have drivers door fit problems. The top 25% of the door tends to be up to 2mm proud while the rest is flush I have looked at a few other cars, and find a situation where the passenger door is perfect, but the drivers door a questionable to poor fit. I have suggested to my dealer that he should take this up with Subaru since it may amount to a manufacturing problem ( door pressing?)
Old 12 January 1999, 01:41 PM
Paul Ashfield
Scooby Newbie

My MY97 drivers side window will occasionally catch outside the little black fitting on the A-pillar (Don't know what it's called, don't know what it does, I'd be intersted to know). No real harm done, but annoying nonetheless. Wind noise is worse on the drivers side as well.

I asked the dealer to fix it at the 1000 mile service, their solution was to bend the black fitting up with a pair of pliers, not quite what I had in mind! It will still occasionally catch - but never when I try to demo the problem to the dealer, obviously

Old 12 January 1999, 03:14 PM
nigel
Scooby Regular

Paul, that black plastic thingy is supposed to guide the window back in place should the mechanism become lose. Also, as they are frameless doors winding the window down on the motorway for example, will cause the glass to "move about" the black plastic guide should make sure the window seals correctly.
There are other threads on the BBS highlighting this problem of sealing and wind noise. You are not alone.
I'm assuming that the wind noise is greater on the driver's side because this gets used the most. Try having it tightened up at the next service.
Old 14 January 1999, 01:24 PM
PaulMc
Scooby Regular

Me too. MY97, the drivers door seems to have dropped and needs a little extra push to close. The drivers window seems make more noise aswell. Have to re-open the door to get a correct seal. I will have the dealer look at these when it is serviced in a couple of weeks. Will ask about the 'tilt in' adjustment that can be made to the window.
Old 14 January 1999, 02:05 PM
PaulMc
Scooby Regular

Me too. MY97, the drivers door seems to have dropped and needs a little extra push to close. The drivers window seems make more noise aswell. Have to re-open the door to get a correct seal. I will have the dealer look at these when it is serviced in a couple of weeks. Will ask about the 'tilt in' adjustment that can be made to the window.