Notices

Scoobysport exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 1998, 03:38 PM
Richard Hardaker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are peoples opinion on fitting the scoobysport exhaust? Is it worth the money? How about the effect on insurance (I am currently with Privilege)? Any performance benefits (or does it seem better because it sounds better)?
Thanks.
Old 18 November 1998, 05:03 PM
Colin
Scooby Regular

I've been considering an exhaust upgrade. My perfect criteria is improved performance, identical looks to the standard (UK) twin pipes, and no louder than the standard either (well perhaps slightly more "sportier"). The only ones I've found that match my critieria to a certain extent are in Australia - both MRT and Chip Torque do 3" mandrel bent full systems off the back of the turbo. Regarding performance from what I can gather a rear box (such as Scoobysport is I believe) will not have much effect on performance (5-10 BHP max?) with benefits only really apparent at high rpm. A 3" straight through mandrel bent exhaust is supposed to have (much) better performance though (20bhp??)

Anyway I too would be most interested in other people's comments.
Old 18 November 1998, 08:50 PM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Richard

I fitted the ScoobySport Exhaust along with the RAMAIR Filters and noticed quite a marked performance improvement, the whole car just seems that little more 'eager' in the revs/acceleration department ( sorry I could not be more technical ).

Fuel consumption - not sure, never really bother.

I told Privilege about the mods ( before I had them fitted ) and they took £35 off me for the privilege, saying if I had not told them it could have impaired any future claims as it does constitute a performance change.

As for the sound a couple of quotes.

'Sounds like rumbling thunder / Big Bike '
'Sounds as mean as mine' TVR Chimera Owner
'Sounds better when you're following the car'
'Brrrrrrmmmmmmm' ( my two year old daughter who now screams 'faster daddy faster' as we accelerate, much to my wifes dismay )

It does sound wonderful, especially with the windows down going round Oulton Park and Cadwell Park. It simply rounds off the 'presence' of the car. Buy one , be happy ( happier !! )
Old 19 November 1998, 05:52 PM
dholmes
Scooby Regular

I also have just fitted the Scoobysport exhaust and ram-air filter. I noticed a definite increase in power, particularly around 5000 rpm. The sound is great, worth it just for that. Scoobysport reference a graph of a slightly modified Impreza( Exhaust + Ram-air ) vs. a standard car showing approx 20BHP improvement. A slightly modified car vs. a prodrive shows the prodrive being 20BHP higher still. I am about to additionally reset the ECU and with any luck, close the performance gap still further. Probably should fit new brake pads any ideas for 97 spec wheels?
Old 19 November 1998, 06:48 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im running Pagid pads on standard disks at the moment. But after my trip with the Scottish SIDC I have decided to fit group N discs aswell. These are going on tomorrow so I shall let the BBS know after the RAC