Notices

Do Samco hoses fit properly?

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2003, 11:54 PM
aka Tripper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

After doing a search and not finding anything like this thought I'd just ask.

MY00 Turbo (Dutch Import), Std Intercooler, Samco turbo hose set TCS 143.

The "Y" piece under the intercooler seems to be incorrectly made. I'll try to describe it. Looking into the enginge bay from the front with every thing in place. The new Y piece will fit nicely onto the left hand pipe of the I/C header, and is in the correct position to fit onto the turbo exit. However the branch going to the right hand pipe of the I/C header although in line doesn't quite reach the pipe. It's as though it has been cut too short.

I have spoken to Samco Tech support in the UK and they have been very helpful. A guy got up the drawings and had a similar hose to reference, having covered all the dimensions it seems my hose is correctly manufactured.

But it doesn't fit! Am I missing something here or have people had similar problems?
Old 06 September 2003, 03:18 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

hmmm

my y piece hose, if the 2 intercooler bits are fitted tightly, makes the bend on the turbo end a bit "off" like its not bent round enough, its all clamped up etc etc, it just looks a bit untidy

so if i fitted this ppe properlly i would asume that one of the underneath ones wouldnt fit properly (probably the top right one)
Old 06 September 2003, 07:08 PM
aka Tripper
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks Mickey, that sounds like my problem. Samco hoses are so flexible that you can push them about easily but that doesn't mean they have to look/be out of shape.

If I pushed the leg of the "Y" piece that is short over to fit on the intercooler connection it would pull the turbo end of the pipe away from the turbo. Now I'm sure that this could then be bent back to fit on the turbo but it would be exactly as you have described yours, out of shape.

I have a feeling that everyones hoses are the same and they just push them to fit.

Now the really helpful guy at Samco said if it really is a problem then they would change the manufacture to correct this, however no-one has said anything before, so no problem to correct!