Notices

Possability????????

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2003, 12:18 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
While on holiday in Wales my AFR gauge was spending less and less time in the rich range. When i got back i bagan to look into the possability that my Llambda or MAF was knacked, however over the past few days the gauge is starting to read as it should again.
On holiday my car drank 3 tanks of BP SUL and is now on it's second tank of it's usual Esso SUL since i've got back.
My question is - Could the BP go juice cause the gauge problems as highlighted here.
Old 03 September 2003, 01:07 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the lambda's 'going off', it'll read lean when it gets hot.
I've had one that started off correctly, then joined a motorway (only 4-5 miles away) & over the next 3-4 miles it dropped from 'red 2' to off the bottom of the scale. Flooring it brought it back up into the red.
Off the motorway, into thick traffic, and it pottered back up into the right area again (ie when it cooled down). I wasn't that worried as I have no MAF & it runs open loop on cruise, so nothing bad was going to happen, but the lambda was swapped over & it was all sorted.
Sound familiar?
Old 04 September 2003, 12:00 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Does sound familiar
It doesn't seem to do it's job in the warm daylight hours but on my way home @ 11pm it works as it should, i assume because it is significantly cooler at that time. I could also be talking complete bo11ox Thats how it seems though