Notices

need to adjust blitz dump valve

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2003, 08:59 PM
thebothy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im running a blitz dump valve on my scoob it struggles to find idle when i come to a stop the dumpvalve needs adjustment but dont know which way to turn the nut my info is in jap so cant understand it can anyone help
Old 14 July 2003, 11:44 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

The Blitz dump valve comes pre adjusted from factory and does not need adjusting.

Has anyone played with it? If so then it may need adjusting. Don't know which way but.

If no one's touched it then it's OK. It probably needs a clean cos with time, they collect moisture which mixes with gunk and causes the dump valve to stick which will cause uneven idling, etc.

Remove the DV from car, take off the circlips on the bottom of the DV, remove the piston and the spring, spray the piston, the spring and the cylinder with WD40, then wipe with a clean rag. Fit it all back together and reinstall on the car. Do not use sand paper to clean the bits as using sandpaper will take meat off the piston which will cause it to leak.

If you cannot remove the piston by hand due to the piston being stuck from the gunk, use an airgun to blow into the top pipe of the DV to push out the piston. With one quick squirt it should do the trick.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

George.

[Edited by WREXY - 7/14/2003 11:45:45 PM]
Old 15 July 2003, 07:42 PM
thebothy
Scooby Regular

cheers wrexy went on hols to oz visited syd brizy and airlie beach its a great country and bought all my blitz stuff there well cheap
Old 15 July 2003, 07:54 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
you can adjust the blitz..

If it isn't sticking and it won't close on idle, crack the 10mm lock nut on top of the valve, then with the correct size allen key turn clockwise until you see the piston of the blow of valve close.
Old 15 July 2003, 11:33 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Thebothy,

I'm in Greece now but I too bought my Blitz bits from OZ and brought them with me to Greece. As you say, parts are quite cheap over there.

I had the same problem as you with my Blitz DV and rang my friend in OZ who I bought the DV off and it was he who told me it needed a clean. After following his instructions as above, the car was fine again. If after you clean the DV, it still fails, follow James's instuctions for adjustment.

Cheers,

George.