Notices

Flat Battery

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2003, 05:36 PM
ando9999
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All,

This is a nice site, ....a friend of mine put me onto you guys when I was discussing with him a problem I'm having with my Scooby. So, here goes, please go easy with me, I'm very non-car-technical and this is my first post (couldn't find any postal guidelines after a small but not very active search).

I bought myself a standard STi in Jan of last year so only (approx) 18 months old. I only really drive it at the weekends, sometimes leaving it in the drive for 2 weeks at a time. Went to start it on Saturday and the battery was completely flat, not a whisper. Checked and no lights etc had been left on. The kind fella (engineer) who came and jumped it said that it was only the battery that was flat. This to me seems ridiculous. I was very surprised at this after only 10 days in the drive.

Is this a general problem with Subaru's, does it look like the car might have a genuine problem, or do I need to get out in it more often :-) ?

Any help appreciated, and hopefully on route.

Andy
Old 14 July 2003, 08:28 PM
CRAIGFIN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andy,

I've had this problem with every car I have ever owned. Batteries liked to be worked and not left standing. I've had a battery starter/charger for years now and can honestly say its one of the most useful things I've ever bought.
It's not a specific problem to Impreza's although things like alarm's,immobiliser's and trackers don't help.

Craig.