Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has any one used it does it work.
why do some people think it crap for a wrx
Old 12 July 2003, 09:52 PM
glynieboy
Scooby Regular

I use one and I like it!! if you dont they will give you your money back. You will find a mix response on this forum about them!! I choose to make my own mind up!!!
Old 13 July 2003, 10:05 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

It costs 25 quid for a dyno power run. So for 50 quid the makers of snake oils could do a before and after test and demonstrate without a shadow of a doubt that it works. This would end all the does it, doesn't it argument.

They have chosen not to do this. Ask yourself why.

Prodrive don't use them on the WRCs. They spend millions on getting more torque and power from the engines. Ask yourself why they don't spend 50 quid on an ecotec instead?

Ferrari don't use them on the F1's. Likewise ssk yourself why.

Subaru don't fit them as standard to their road cars. They spend billions on the pursuit of emissions, fuel economy and more power. Ask yourself why they don't spend 50 quid on fitting ecotecs instead.

Then go and buy one of the proven power increase measures that are supported by credible dyno figures, that are used by the people racing, rallying etc, that can give you a credible explanantion of how it works, that don't rely on a bunch of middle aged duffers writing in and saying how well it works on their 30 year old morris travellor.

Also steer clear of magnets on the fuel lines, fuel catalysts in the tank, fuel catalysts in the fuel line, double spark plugs, spark enhancers in the plug leads, things that promote turbulence in the air stream (inc ecotec). All of these are b*ll*cks that rely on the naivety of the un-technically minded amongst us and the desire for something for nothing. They do not and cannot work!!!
Old 13 July 2003, 08:46 PM
Re-Bitten Hero
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

A little bit of a generalisation there!

In fact, the MY01 onwards WRX has an Ecotek-style vortex tube for the inlet airflow, for exactly the reason that it does work - but how much is so variable depending on the car, conditions, petrol etc that I wouldn't make sweeping claims on it. General consensus is that it may make a bit of difference on long, off-turbo cruises, otherwise nothing at all.

Ecotek had a few threads for Scooby feedback on their website, can't find them off-hand.

Best thing is to do a Search on this website for "Ecotek" over the last two years.

Cheers
Richard
Old 14 July 2003, 12:15 AM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

totally agree with Chelspeed

utter sh!te in my opinion!!!

Old 14 July 2003, 10:20 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Chelspeed
As Re-Bitten says that was a bit of a generalisation to say the least!
Turbulance devices are used by some manufacturers, a fatter spark can produce a better burn and what are those strange things dangling in the fuel tank of certain Subarus?
As for Ecotek - it is of marginal benefit on turbo cars as it shuts off on boost. I tried one on a 99my and saw 1mpg at best! (mind you, that's 5% on a Subaru!) I'm going to put it on the wifes Primera, it might show something on that!
JohnD