Notices

Window scratches.

Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2003, 03:14 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I know there's been a lot of discussion re. this subject but I'd like to get my thoughts in order before I visit a dealer on Saturday to evaluate some scratch marks on my windows.

I under stand that Subaru issued a notice worldwide warning of the possibility of scratches due to tolerances/wear etc. Does anyone know it's number or have a copy they could send me?

As I understand it the fix is to obtain beefed up window mechanism bushes which locate the glass more effectively and prevent it scrubbing.

My car is still under warranty and <3 years old so I reckon I have a strong case for getting them to sort it out. Both windows have light diagonal scratch marks in the same place and orientation.

Vindaloo.
Old 04 July 2003, 11:22 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 04 July 2003, 01:36 PM
P1-day
Scooby Regular

vindaloo,

i remember reading a thread on this involving loads of P1's and i think a few said the dealer replaced / repaired under warranty. Do a search mate, it might tell u
Old 04 July 2003, 03:44 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

I had my drivers side window replaced under warranty, along with new guides etc. recently.

Just don't use my local dealers or you will end up with a rattly door card with clips missing instead. They still haven't sorted it, think I may do it myself at the weekend. If a jobs worth doing properly....
Old 05 July 2003, 11:45 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Just back from the garage.

My problem is not the window mechanism or trim clips, rather 'grit'. I was a bit dubious about that what with the marks being so regular and being on both windows. The marks are on the outside on both windows.

Apparently there are three sets of foam pads that stabilise/locate the window. It seems that these pads can pick up grit, leading to scratches. They've cleaned mine up for now and ordered new ones.

I have to use lower the driver's window every day to get into the carpark at work so hopefully this will sort it out.

It does mean I'll spend more time/effort cleaning the front windows from now on.

Vindaloo.