Notices

LINK ECU/LambdaLink?

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2003, 09:46 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

My Type R was in for a service last Friday and I noticed while driving home that my LambdaLink display inside the car was not working (Power light was on but the LED’s didn’t light up).

After speaking to Branko at B.R Developments he suggested taking it back to where I got it serviced and asking them if they could try changing the Lambda sensor.

After this was done it seemed to be working again (All LED’s light up) but now they seem to light up differently to how they use to.

The last green LED on the display (far right LED) now seems to be on nearly all the time, regardless if I am driving at 30-40Mph or around 80Mph. It is like this even when running off boost where as before it was on the amber LED’s and the last LED only seemed to light up while on full boost.

Just wondering if anyone out there who also has a LINK ECU could tell me how theirs run as I cannot get in touch with B.R Developments at the moment and I don’t want to drive long distances in my car if it’s running lean or something. Is it running lean or rich if the last green LED is on most of the time?

Excuse me if I have asked stupid things here but I don’t know much about these things

Any info much appreciated.
Old 09 June 2003, 10:00 PM
AndrewC
Scooby Regular

Hasn't your Lambda Link got any annotation on the case?

The last green is very rich approx A/F ratio of 11:1.

Andrew...
Old 09 June 2003, 10:29 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Yea it does say "High Boost" below the LED in question.

So I guess it's better to be running rich rather than Lean but is this going to do my engine any damage? Is it ok still to drive normally until I can get it sorted?

Why would changing the Lambda sensor affect the fuel/air mixture? Nothing has been done to the mapping of the ECU.

Thanks for the info.
Old 09 June 2003, 10:49 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Lambda sensor is the signal the Lambda Link reads hence the name....

So by replacing it the reading would be different if the sensor was faulty before.

Old 09 June 2003, 10:55 PM
Rich Tee
Scooby Regular

just a though but have you checked for an air leak, saying that because i have a leak in my turbo to i/c hose (samco) ,and this is causing the lamda link to show far green under any sort of load (overfuelling)

R

Old 09 June 2003, 11:28 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Thanks for reply guys.

Just got mail from Bob Rawle

"Since you have a new lambda sensor its merely showing the same afr that you have always had as mapped but in a different way, changing the lambda sensor does not alter the fuelling as the ecu retains all the settings irrespective. If the L-link is showing green all the time that means that the sensor is generating more output for the same afr. So there is no lean "problem" as the ecu settings have not changed from when mapped".

So that puts my mind at rest now I can get back on the loud pedal