Notices

Impreza Stutter

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2003, 12:49 PM
Hurman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just recently my 2.0 GL P reg has started to stutter when accelerating from low revs, approx 1400rpm in second gear,and then clearing to accelerate normally.

The overall performance of the car isn't really being effected but if this is a known problem with a cure then I would like to know. I can't think of anything I have done differently, same fuel and driving style. The only big thing that has changed is the weather, it's hotter!

Any ideas?
Old 30 May 2003, 03:56 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
n n n n n n n nope.
st st st st stutter here t t t t t to
Old 30 May 2003, 07:23 PM
binxta350
Scooby Regular

Smile

Do you have any mods??????If so most cars run differntly in hot conditions.When the air is colder its thinner so it goes through the air filter better,when it's hot it does'nt.This is what I've found but not too noticeable.Hope this helps the rest of the lads will point you in the right direction of where to get it tested if need be.
Old 30 May 2003, 08:50 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

When the air is colder it is more dense - less "thin". I believe the reason it runs better is the denser charge meaning more mixture into the cylinder, and a cooler charge allows the ECU to advance the ignition more.
Old 02 June 2003, 08:51 AM
Hurman
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the input everyone. I noticed the cooling fan was running after a short journey so had a prod around Saturday morning. All was fine until the car reached normal running temperature...and then kept rising. Finally I had my very own Impreza fountain coming from the grill!!

A new radiator was required, so off I went to the local motor factors at 10am Saturday morning. A few phone calls later and my options were 125 quid plas VAT and pick it up on Monday, by which time I would be in the Czech Republic leaving the misses to get it fited, or fill the thing up with radiator seal....never!!!

So I went home depressed and with only one option left, the main dealer. They were open and happy to help me. A new radiator was 250 some quid or they had a reconditioned one for 150 plus VAT in stock. Nearly fell off my stool!! Nipped down to K.T Greens in Leeds and 5 minutes later was the proud owner of a brown box.

30 minutes crawling around in coolant and playing with hose clips and we were all up and running. I did the brakes at the same time and found the whole experience quite rewarding.

I have worked on many cars but found the Subaru probably one of the best designed for ease of maintenance and couldn't beleive how easy it was to change the front pads.

This Subaru ownership thing just gets better and better!!
Old 02 June 2003, 04:13 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

<<<I have worked on many cars but found the Subaru probably one of the best designed for ease of maintenance>>>

Alcazar