Notices

Can anybody help??

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2003, 08:30 PM
scoobyfly
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
I have a subaru wrx turbo and i have a light come on and cant get it to go away the light is check engine.I have checked the water and oil which the book says to do.The light is still on has anybody out there has got any ideas please let me know thank you very much

scoobyfly
Old 14 May 2003, 08:36 PM
Soobmeister
Scooby Regular

need to take it in to a dealer so it can be plugged onto a select monitor to diagnose the fault. Probably oxygen sensor.
Old 14 May 2003, 09:01 PM
scoobyfly
Scooby Newbie

Hi,

do you know what causes lack of oxgen and for the light to come on?As the car is driving fine and engines purring like a kitten!!!

Thank you

scoobyfly
Old 14 May 2003, 11:40 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Be very careful with this one!
The check engine light could mean one of a whole host of things, for instance see my recent problems here
As stated already, get yourself to the dealer ASAP, or if you can't wait - check the fault code yourself.
To do this you must go underneath the dash above the driver's side footwell. There you will find two black plugs which fit together. Connect them and then turn on the ignition (don't start car). You will see the Check Engine light start to flash. It will do some long flashes and some short flashes. Each long one means 10 and each short means 1.
ie - long # long # short # short = Code 22 (knock Sensor)
Look here to match the code you get.
Good luck.

Ps - remember to disconnect the black plugs again.

Old 24 May 2003, 10:29 PM
scoobyfly
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Hi Brun,

Thank you very much for your reply i would have replyed sooner but ive been where the sun is haha!!!
After your reply i decided to be a wimp and take it to the main dealer and found out the power steering switch had come apart so the baby is all well again and guess what!no light on!
Once again thank you for the info much appricated cheers

scoobyfly