Notices

Bugeye intercooler hoses

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2003, 08:10 AM
Rice Rocket..
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as it says how many does the WRX have and are they different from the STI models?

Any pics would be good also

Thanks

Ricey
Old 18 April 2003, 10:04 AM
ScrappyDoo2
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I've just bought the Samco intercooler hose kit for my 02 WRX in preparation for a ECU upgrade (which will raise boost and hence perhaps strain the OE plastic hose piece). There were three hoses in the pack. The main one is a tri-piece which is like three bits of hose merged into one piece. This replaces the crappy plastic OE part that sits under the intercooler - 2 parts join onto the intercooler the other bends off to join onto the turbo. The other two hoses include the short fat pipe that you can see connecting the intercooler to the throttle body and finally a longer hose which connects the vent of the dumpvalve to the inlet pipe in front of the turbo. This last hose is just bunged off if you have a vent to atmosphere DV (woosh type). I fitted the kit myself - wasn't easy but not too hard either (novice mechanic skills that I have - but I'm not afraid to have a bash). The hardest part is twisting the intercooler off and then the reverse action once you have put the new hoses on the intercooler and are putting it back on. Hope this helps
Old 18 April 2003, 10:47 AM
Rice Rocket..
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks, I was given a 4 piece kit, which i thought was wrong, but wasnt to sure. Oh well looks like another trip the the car shop

Ricey
Old 18 April 2003, 06:41 PM
redline3
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Check out the link below - gives good instructions on how to fit the hoses . Just done mine today - took a couple of hours and cost a bit of skin from the knuckles! Hardest part is the hose from the DV back to turbo inlet as it has those horrible spring hose clips on it. Use a slight touch of silicon grease inside the new hoses to help it all slip back.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1410

Not sure but swear it spools up a few hundred revs lower now???