Notices

Plug in ECU upgrade for around £65????

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2003, 09:22 AM
2fuknfast4U
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think i remember a while ago a item of this description in scooby shop.... not there now!!! anyone know where i can get one from...????
Old 31 March 2003, 09:33 AM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
helllllo

drop me a mail with your car spec, model, year, mods etc. I am sure that I or one of my cohorts can help

Paul
Old 31 March 2003, 09:54 AM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jonny, pavlo will sort you out.

The website is www.scoobyecu.co.uk
Old 31 March 2003, 08:17 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Question

does this work on the 97-98 ecu? or is still just the early cars?

cheers mike
Old 31 March 2003, 08:57 PM
Dave R
Scooby Regular

Would this fit a 92 Legacy? What boost does it run afterwards? Does it run ok with std car or with exhaust/filter etc...?

Cheers
Dave
Old 31 March 2003, 09:12 PM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

Dave R,

m8 - you DEFINITELY need to talk to Pavlo

You will not be disappointed.

Chris
Old 31 March 2003, 09:26 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Pavlo knows his stuff!

Pavlo, could you post some info up or email me about the ecu. I was thinking about getting this but when i found out i would have to remap it myself i thought hell no as i have no idea what im doing! Is it hard to learn?
Old 01 April 2003, 10:17 AM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Still waiting for David Wallis to get some boards in. What's the best one for a 93 wrx? Not after big boost just better fuelling/timing to take into account our lower grade fuel
Old 01 April 2003, 10:21 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Supplier has recieved boards, they are being assembled in the next few days..

David
Old 01 April 2003, 11:02 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Cool

Paul YHM!

Justin
Old 01 April 2003, 04:04 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

David - woohoo!
Old 01 April 2003, 06:04 PM
KLR16V
Scooby Regular

David can't wait

Mark
Old 01 April 2003, 08:51 PM
Colin P
Scooby Regular

Whats this all about then, you just plug it in????????
What are the gains?
Is this like a re map?

Col
Old 02 April 2003, 07:31 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Yes colin. You plug it in and can remap the levels yourself. Its definitely worth it if you know what your doing.
Old 02 April 2003, 08:11 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

I don't know what i'm doing with mapping, so scott t did it for me.
96STi RA
Runs like a dream, 1.1bar, almost redundant knock-link
money well spent ~ but like most things, depends on the mapper.

simon
Old 03 April 2003, 06:11 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

My main concern is running on uk fuel. Do these maps take into account lower octane fuel than the car was designed for? I want a better mapped ecu but without a reduction in reliability really. Basically a 95/96wrx map altered to our fuel, that sort of thing. Is this possible
Old 03 April 2003, 06:13 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

No det at all on my car- although i just changed the fuel pump and reg. always run on optimax and o/b, but knock-link is very quiet
Old 03 April 2003, 10:08 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes the maps are designed to run with UK fuel, they are not a standard map from any car.

One or 2 cars do seem more likely to det straight off a reset though, but that's the problem with 'one size fits all' solutions.

sorry for anyone waiting, we (david and I) are trying to sort more baords out, I have a few, but demand has grown by about 1000% this week probably with this thread?

Paul
Old 04 April 2003, 10:54 AM
spender
Scooby Regular

Pavlo,

Did I see you driving a white classic WRX in Croxley yesterday?

I mailed David about the ECU upgrade earlier this week, he said mail him again next week, do you act as a southern agent for him?

Spender
Old 04 April 2003, 11:33 AM
---=CeeDee=---
Scooby Regular

Yes colin. You plug it in and can remap the levels yourself. Its definitely worth it if you know what your doing.
Scott remaped mine 96 and whan i asked this :

"...i saw in your doc you are willing to provide info about self
programing other eproms...is it so?..."

i got this answer from Scott :

"...Not anymore...."

(Please don't get me wrong on this..this is not in any way criticsm of Scott's ecu remap or something like that...just oposite)
So if David or Pavlo are willing to provide us with knowledge how to remap at our own i will be happy to know how...
Also..one more question for David and/or Pavlo...since i do have piggyback installed and running can i order from you specific remap for 1,2b boost (power optimized instead economy) ?
Old 04 April 2003, 05:08 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Thats the same thing with mee Cee Dee and a couple of subaru owners round here. If i knew what i was doing, i would buy the scoobyecu straight away. But i dont so i know i will end up putting it on and not knowing what to do! lol

If David or Pavlo get time, then maybe they could explain a little bit of it then i think more people would be up for buying one.

I think there are a few people on here are willing to experiment with their cars, but most of them dont want to try something themselves just incase they bugger their pride and joy up! lmao
Old 04 April 2003, 05:40 PM
---=CeeDee=---
Scooby Regular

afaik Pavlo is doing some software which should be released "soon"...how soon is soon, i don't know...about actual scoobyecu module...for 65 u won't find anything else even doing stuff like it...my experience with it is that i didn't notice any major improvment mostly couse i had Dawes in my car already installed....what i was after is more like proper fuel/timing remap for uped boost...so now all i can say is i'm running awfully rich (should be around 0,9mv on afr couse i'm way over blue led) and it goes 260kmh @ 6,2k rpm and still pulling...
Same as you i hope for some more info about remaping from David/Pavlo...
Old 04 April 2003, 06:13 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
What scott probably meant is that we cannot be arsed doing custom maps for people.. its a case of you stick with what we offer or remap it yourself.. there may be people willing to help you do this (Not Me!) but they will charge you..

We all have day jobs, we provide this as a service to you lot at no gain to ourselves..

which is why it pisses me off when people complain that I havent got their boards in yet

Last thing I want to do when I get in is reply to emails saying where are they week after week...

And these people that want us to do custom maps for 1.2 bar and then whinge when they get over boost..

David
Old 04 April 2003, 09:10 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Well said David,

There are 2 reasons why I no longer do these remaps...

1. I now own an MY00, so there is certainly nothing in it for me.
2. People expect the world on a plate for £60, come on people get back on this planet.

I can't speak for David or Paul, but I have personally built, mapped, wrapped and posted 30 of these things over the last 4-6 months and I'm so glad I'm not doing them anymore.

I did however learn a great deal from it, that I hope I can put to use on my MY00.

This was just a little project that myself, David and Pavlo put together between us and at the end of the day the result was pretty damn fine.....especially as it was origionally going to be a bit of backwired board instead of the custom PCB.

If you want 1.2BAR from an Early WRX it's gonna cost you a whole lot more than £60, especially if you want to retain the safety features i.e Fuel Cut.

Early Pr94 WRX can only be mapped to run 15.5psi without intermitent or in some case persistant fuel cut.

For some reason UK and Post 95WRX seem to be able to run 16.5/17psi, but that is at the very limit of the Map Sensor, and may still occasionally hit fuel cut.

Please be patient with David & Paul or you might just end up biting off the hand of that feeds you ....

One of us has already jumped ship (i.e me, hence the Advert in Scoobyshop being withdrawn).. and from what I can tell David is starting to inflate the life raft

[Edited by Scott.T - 4/4/2003 10:13:05 PM]
Old 04 April 2003, 09:34 PM
---=CeeDee=---
Scooby Regular

[qoute]What scott probably meant is that we cannot be arsed doing custom maps for people.. its a case of you stick with what we offer or remap it yourself.. there may be people willing to help you do this (Not Me!) but they will charge you..[/quote]

Ok David...how am i supoused to remap it by myself if i dont have any info from author?
I really don't know why you get any response regarding scoobyecu as personal assault (my certanly wasn't meant to be such which i explained before and it was just a simple question imho)...

This is from ScoobyEcu Instructions :
"...Further enhancements to the MAP are possible to allow for extra performance, and details of the MAPs can be provided.
If you do not have the ability to programme these devices for yourself, a service will be provided on an exchange basis at a small extra charge...."

So question was where can one obtain "...details of the MAPs..."
and who can "...provide a service..."

And these people that want us to do custom maps for 1.2 bar and then whinge when they get over boost..
very nice...

afair on scoobynet shop you listed at least 4 various maps as available to choose from so what i meant was, can i order just eproms with those maps couse if i remember corectly there was a map with higher boost levels than 1.1b...nothing more...and as i recall i never seid i wanted those for free...i realy don't get why do ppl get pissed over simple question (especially if asked from someone who can't say anything bad about their product which he already bought and payed...)
and btw i'm running 1,2 and i don't get overboost nor fuelcut...so i won't whinge...

Thnx for reply...
Old 05 April 2003, 11:27 AM
---=CeeDee=---
Scooby Regular

2 David: YHM
Old 05 April 2003, 02:54 PM
Turbo_Steve
Scooby Regular

Cool

I just wanted to thank Dave & Pavlo & Scott for all their hard work and "Sharing the wealth". I'm waiting to hear back when they've got some boards in (NOT A NAG: I can wait forever!) but just want to register my appreciation for people like Mr. Wallis offering information and pictures AND technology for next to charity rates!

Saying that, I suspect you'd get a lot less questions if there was more info on the website.....only a suggestion. As you aren't competing with anyone, there is nothing to stop you posting up a site with every bit of info you have and just let people get on with it!!!! I for one wouldn't blame you.
Old 05 April 2003, 03:40 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

I havent got the time at the moment..

Soon..

David
Old 05 April 2003, 04:07 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Anyone asking for David or Pavlo or whoever to remap the ecu they bought is taking the ****. For £60 or £65 you cant argue! You cant expect to buy the ecu and then get it remapped! lol THats just being cheeky.

I think we all understand David that you have jobs to do in the day and by doing this, you are probably helping most of the guys on here. THats why i said, if you or even some other guys like Pavlo give us a few tips. I wouldnt mind having ago of remapping it myself or changing bits but i would like just a few pointers.

Its the same with most scoobynetters here. Same people who ask about what exhaust, what dump valve etc. Its only cause they havent had anything and wouldnt mind any advice/experience from anyone out there.

Im not saying write a project or write an essay, just a couple of ideas/help would be helpfull. Just like when Pavlo gave us some ideas on upgrading the injectors on earlier scoobs and phase 1/2 rails etc
Old 05 April 2003, 06:40 PM
goober
Scooby Regular

I just thought I'd add that I'm totally pleased with how my board has changed my car. Many thanks to : Scott, Paul and David.

Quick Reply: Plug in ECU upgrade for around £65????