Notices

MY02 - WRX PPP De-Cat Exhaust Section ?

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2003, 09:08 PM
wang
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Feeling a bit p*ssed off with all the speculation over the massive gains on the PPP for the MY03, I have been feeling pretty let down by the PPP I fitted on MY02. Subaru really know how to f*ck owners over (although it seems to good to be true to me).

Mine is going in for 20K soon and I am not happy with the performance or tight feel of the engine and it seems replacing the current Cat section with a unrestricted section will at least improve things slightly.

Question is, where does one get one from, how much and is it just a case of 4 bolts to replace the section, and chuck the original in the box.

Also, will it actually make any difference ?

Yours Subaru FUKD.

Old 06 March 2003, 09:32 PM
stevejohnson511
Scooby Regular

If you have PPP on a wrx then you still have the cat in the downpipe which is a little more involved than 4 bolts to fit,
about an hour i think, you will also have to get a cel light fix
and you will loose your warrenty,but you will see some power increase.
Steve.
Old 06 March 2003, 09:50 PM
stevejohnson511
Scooby Regular

Forgot to mention you also still have a cat in the up pipe.
Old 07 March 2003, 12:54 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

If you think its really crap - and i have one and it certainly isnt - ask the dealer to check they've fitted the new restrictor that comes with the pack. Some of the first WRX PPP'd cars hadnt had this done by the dealers so they didnt get the full 1.2-1.3 bar boost.

Mine goes WAY faster than it did. If your unhappy ring Mike Wood at prodrive - they will usually have a look!!!

Jza
Old 03 June 2003, 09:34 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

As part of the MY02 PPP, your car should have had a decatted centre section fitted by the dealership. The centre pipe will still have a resonator in it, although this won't affect performance hugely, removing it will increase the boxer growl slightly and may free things up slightly. A decat downpipe will also make a difference if you have one fitted, but as pointed out above it will cause warranty issues.

If you are unhappy with the PPP and feel that it hasn't given you any performance increase, speak to your dealer and complain. When the PPP was first released there were a few owners who weren't happy with the performance. Some problems were diagnosed as faulty ECU's (rare AFAIK). Other cars were under boosing due to a Prodrive restrictor not being fitted in one of the turbo hoses. When the car goes in for its service ask your dealer to check the correct restrictor for the PPP is fitted.

Also try and get a drive in another MY01/02 PPP car and see if it feels any different to yours. If it does you know there is a problem with your car.

Good luck

Nathan..

[Edited by Nathan L - 3/6/2003 9:38:02 PM]