Notices

clutch pedal,probs?

Search this Thread

Old 27 January 2003, 01:09 PM
S13DUG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,i had a new ap clutch last october,after a few weeks i was giving it some one night and on gear change pedal didnt return fully. i can flick it up with my foot its annoying but i have lived with it though. any way its got worse over last few weeks,pedals only about 2" off floor with hardly any play,still changes gear with no probs,no free play at all, i can pull pedal up then theres free play but when depressed it stays down again.i have done usual greasing etc and cant see any thing untoward.
any help please, its 93 wrx.
cheers, Dug.
Old 28 January 2003, 09:58 AM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

Mine used to do the same thing all the time until i had a new clutch fitted last month(old one was starting to slip).

Since the clutch change i've only noticed the pedal not returning fully on only 2 occasions, both times when i was giving the car a bit of abuse. Both times on the exact same gear change on the exact same bit of road on the way home from work??? The clutch still worked fine so it didn't really worrying me.

Might be worthwhile having a look to see what sort of condition the return springs are in. AFAIK they pull the arm back fully when you take your foot off the clutch. If the springs are worn the arm won't return the whole way.
Old 28 January 2003, 11:04 AM
S13DUG
Scooby Regular

cheers Marty, i took it to garage this morning they fixed it in 5 mins, pedal had slipped on braket kinking spring so spring wasnt pulling properly, feels wierd know,id got used to it.
thought ud got rid of ya scoob m8? with all probs u had.
Dug.
Old 28 January 2003, 11:26 AM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

I was supposed to be trading in the scoob for a 300ZX but the garage didn't come though with all the history they claimed they had for the Z. They said there was a CAT 1 cert, service record that showed the cam belt had been changed, and all it's UK history. When i asked to see it the guy only had the current MOT and the V5 so i walked away.

On top of that, i wasn't all that impressed with the Zs handling. It was fast and felt sharp but it just felt too heavy for my liking. A bit disappointing cuz i've always liked the Z. Guess i could be going back down the tried and tested 200sx route again

So... still got the scoob for the moment. Running fine now though. I've managed to get everything sorted on it so i don't mind keeping it for a while longer. Might as well get the use out of the warranty
Old 30 January 2003, 05:57 PM
matt b.
Scooby Regular

i had the same problem and after replacing every working component, i finally resorted to placing a spring on the pedal arm itself that was tensioned under the dash to encourage the pedal to return fully. Stoopid lousy scooby clutch pedals. Glad you got it sorted.

matt