Notices

Noise!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2003, 06:30 PM
Mal26
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a 1995 wrx wagon with HKS super drager exhaust. Sounds fantastic but on motorways leaves the ears ringing. What is the most effective way to reduce in car noise and how much? Want a de cat downpipe but is that much noiser?
Old 17 January 2003, 07:54 AM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Talking

The down pipe won't make it any louder than it is now, as for the exhaust on m/way trips, try getting a bung for the Super Drager, we've got a Blitz Nur SpecR (no bung) on our 94 wrx saloon and we don't really notice it on the m/way, might be different for the wagon as the noise will rise into the car itself as in ours it goes into the boot, if that makes sense Maybe get some sound proofing from car audio shops, fairly cheap really.

Hope this helps

CRAFT
Old 17 January 2003, 02:03 PM
e-volve
Scooby Regular

no noise increas with a de-cat pipe...are you sure......if so im gonna get one right now..

i could be wrong

Old 17 January 2003, 03:36 PM
ronniebiggs
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

The downpipe will make it slightly more noisy as it is less restrictive!!
You will get a lot more off a rumble, and a slight increase in volume.
Never heard of the bung (as above) but I would of thought that this woulld be restrictive. However I carnt comment on things I dont know.

If you think its too loud. You could always sell the exhaust (too me) and replace it with something not as loud. are buy some of that sound deaderning gear for sound systems. Carnt think off the name of it. But you can get it from Demontweeks, back of max power or any good car audio shop.

Regards Ronnie
Old 17 January 2003, 03:39 PM
ronniebiggs
Scooby Regular

Just read Crafts post more and realise he has already mentioned the sound proofing. So I go with him on that one
Old 17 January 2003, 07:56 PM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Talking

Seriously, I didn't notice any noise increase when we had a TSL grpA d/p fitted to our Trust system which was a quiet exhaust compared to the Blitz we have on now. I do believe the nur spec is slightly louder than the super dragger from what I've personally heard anyway. The bung comes with the exhaust and looks like a plunger, it will restrict without doubt but it's just held in place by a screw, check the tailpipe and you should see a screw hole, they only come with the big piped jap exhausts, you don't get them with the scoobysports etc. how long have you had the super dragger, if only put it on give it a few more weeks and you'll hardly notice it's there

CRAFT
Old 18 January 2003, 06:35 PM
ronniebiggs
Scooby Regular

Cool

Im running a HKS super drager exhaust and have fitted the magnex twin dump d/p and putting the d/p on did make a noise increase. Actually made quite alot which pleased me
But I would go with CRAFT. put the bung in.

Dont understand why you think its loud. Mine is not that loud compaired to other exhausts unless you wind down the window and start reving it reasonably. At low revs and sensible driving its not that loud