Notices

Under Sealed on Imported WRX

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2003, 04:42 PM
whizkid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just imported a 94 WRX from Japan and some poeple are telling that the imported car do not come undersealed the same way as over here. Is this true or are they the same as over here?
Old 12 January 2003, 05:12 PM
ronniebiggs
Scooby Regular

Well hello again
didnt get a reply last time from you

firstly the imported cars do and dont come under sealed. If they have been done over in Japan then they will come done. Mine is a MY94 import and isnt undersealed. It has some sort of Factory sealer but not underseal. It looks silver in colour.

Can you see the metal on the floor or wheel arches. If so whats the colour. If it matches the cars colour you have the same prob I have.

I would still underseal the car before rot sets in

I still need to do mine.
but weather or not they come undersealed straight out rthe factory. I wouldnt know. My initiall answer would be no. My mate has a pug 106 brand new. It has been sealed underneath but not under sealed like we are talking about. So he did his own car with wax oil.

Secondly.
What colours your car? Do you get down the car park or morton pk?

Hope this helps
Old 12 January 2003, 05:17 PM
ronniebiggs
Scooby Regular

Hope you can understand that!!! Ive just read my thread and im having trouble understanding it!!
Old 12 January 2003, 05:53 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

I would suggest that if you do get your car undersealed, then to get the job done properly during the summer when the underside of the car will be clean and dry. If the undersealing job is done badly, then there is the potential to make things worse by trapping moisture just where you don't want it.

The alternative to to keep the car without underseal (the underside is protected by impact-resistant paint anyway which works!) and to ensure that the wheel arches etc are regularly hosed-down during the winter.

Personally, I've had my WRX for 3 years with no underseal, and doesn't appear to be suffering any problems.
Old 12 January 2003, 05:59 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Imported a few cars from Japan and all needed undersealing. Doesnt cost alot so might as well get it done to be on the safe side