Notices

Boost problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2002, 05:11 PM
PPPMAT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had PPP fitted on my WRX MY02. When fitted, it was a big improvement. The extra performance however, died away over the course of a few days. Tried optimax, this did not help. If anything the preformance felt worse. Put normal SUL in and the performance came back but not to full strength. Run Esso SUL since and performance is 80% approx of what it was when PPP first fitted - occasionally though the full performance comes back but only intermittently and then disappears again.

Its driving me nuts - what is it guys?
Old 10 December 2002, 07:23 PM
gareth
Scooby Regular

I got my dealer to check my PPP installation. They took it for a run with the select monitor and then compared the numbers with two other PPP'd cars they had in. Boost pressure was a little low on mine so they reset the ECU. Figures were then identical across all three cars.

Certainly felt stronger when I got it back. I then got a boost gauge fitted to keep an eye on things. Has not dropped off again since then.

My understanding is that ECUs should not need resetting on the newer cars (mines a MY01) but obviously the dealer will know better than me and all the gathered wisdom on this BBS. There's not even the faintest possibility that they found a fault in how they'd installed the PPP and decided to fix that without giving me the full story...

Cheers,
Gareth
Old 11 December 2002, 08:43 AM
PPPMAT
Scooby Regular

Cheers gareth

I'm definately not getting the full fat experience, so its going into the dealer for a day for them to mess around with as you did with yours.

Matt