Notices

MY01 Climate Control (hah)

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2002, 08:36 AM
tmp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had this problem all last winter, but just lived with it. Now on the first cooler day its come back with ‘hot feet’ vengeance [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]. Before I get told by the dealer ' they all do that' has anybody else encountered this problem with the MY01 climate control:

Auto fan control, air inlet is set to feet/dash air vents (or feet/windscreen), temp set to say 23c. After about 3-5 minutes the air is much hotter at the feet than the dash air vents or windscreen. This results in feet getting so hot I have to either turn the heat down (and get cold) or just have the dash air vents on. If I do just have the dash vents on, they seem to maintain a far more constant air temperature...?

Plus another funny this morning – Outside temp was 13c, interior temp set to 22c. When the heater came on (engine temp warmed up), it blew out cool air! Only when I set the temp to 25c did it blow out hot air, then of course my feet got hot

Cheers,

Tim.
Old 16 September 2002, 01:26 PM
Nigel H
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tim,

IIRC in the manual it says that when you set the air to go on your feet and face, the air to feet will be warmer than the air to face.

Mine does it and I quite like it.

As for the autoset, it seems to me that it doesn't like a big differential between the set and ambient temp. So I use the fan to ge the temp I want quickly and then set
the auto after its settled (10 mins or so).

The cliimate has its foibles, but it on the whole it seems to work OK.