Notices

STi7 bonnet grille?

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2002, 08:06 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've been into my local dealers today for some bits and had a look at the STi demo model in the showroom.

There's a powder coated / painted metal grille in the lower scoop to try and stop stones getting into the a/c rad etc - the parts dept seemed to think it was integral with the bumper but there seems to be some clips on the back of it as though it's fastened on separately - anybody know as I wouldn't mind one for my std WRX as I don't like the safari look of the official chrome one (and the extortionate price).

They couldn't get one up on the parts system (and no doubt wouldn't let me have one anyway as I haven't got an STi chassis no. ) I think they said the price of the upper grille was £75 + vat (seems cheap for Subaru if they mean the STi sports grille).

Might just have to go for another shufty as there's a tasty receptionist who just happened to crouch down almost over me to see what I was prodding at as I laid on the floor - very interrrrreeeesting bodywork and definately not fugly

Anybody any info whether it'd work on a "lowly" wrx? (without major bumper hacking)

Apple
Old 13 September 2002, 08:09 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOH - shudda said bumper grille in title - not bonnet